Menu

I'm almost afraid to ask, but have we had the 'share your family photo' thread yet?

I know there has been a lot of Christmas card/photo controversy here of late, but the family photo thread we usually have each year is one of my absolute favorites! I did a search, but couldn't find one. Did I miss it? Is there anyone brave enough to share their photos here? :tongue_smilie:

We usually do a photo of the whole family, but that didn't work this year. (We tried it once and not ONE was decent of all of us. It was a miserable experience.) I decided to give it a whirl with just the kids today. I was pretty sure I'd need a stiff drink afterward, but the kids did awesome (probably due to some serious bribing) even though it was 40 degrees out. Brrrrrr. This is the FIRST (good) photo I have of all 4 of my kids together! How pitiful is that?

post-454-13535085932252_thumb.jpg

I know there has been a lot of Christmas card/photo controversy here of late, but the family photo thread we usually have each year is one of my absolute favorites! I did a search, but couldn't find one. Did I miss it? Is there anyone brave enough to share their photos here? :tongue_smilie:

We usually do a photo of the whole family, but that didn't work this year. (We tried it once and not ONE was decent of all of us. It was a miserable experience.) I decided to give it a whirl with just the kids today. I was pretty sure I'd need a stiff drink afterward, but the kids did awesome (probably due to some serious bribing) even though it was 40 degrees out. Brrrrrr. This is the FIRST (good) photo I have of all 4 of my kids together! How pitiful is that?

I cannot believe how your little girl has grown!!!!!! Of course your boys have grown too but your little girl was a babe in arms when I last saw a photo of her. How beautiful -- happy holidays and wishing you all a blessed New Year!:grouphug:

I know there has been a lot of Christmas card/photo controversy here of late, but the family photo thread we usually have each year is one of my absolute favorites! I did a search, but couldn't find one. Did I miss it? Is there anyone brave enough to share their photos here?

Here's the one I'm sending out, Heidi. Not fantabulous, but the road trip was a highlight in an otherwise low year and I loved that particular spot (Mesa Arch in Canyonlands). Hope I'm getting one from you. It's lovely (I'd expect nothing less!), but I do miss seeing you & Russ in mix...

post-613-13535085932557_thumb.jpg

post-613-13535085932557_thumb.jpg

Great pictures! I love seeing photos of your families.

Here are a few from my photo taking session in the backyard! :) I just kept clicking... these girls LOVE a camera. I was laughing so hard I was sure I wouldn't be able to get a decent photo for our card. We ended up using the one of the girls & our pup... uhh, not the one where he's licking youngest dd's face.

Great pictures! I love seeing photos of your families.

Here are a few from my photo taking session in the backyard! :) I just kept clicking... these girls LOVE a camera. I was laughing so hard I was sure I wouldn't be able to get a decent photo for our card. We ended up using the one of the girls & our pup... uhh, not the one where he's licking youngest dd's face.

I love it! And even better that you had a great time taking the photos. :)

232323232%7Ffp73457%3Evq%3D3493%3E668%3E578%3E2584668669259wp1lsi232323232%7Ffp6357%3B%3Evq%3D788%3A%3E377%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D347786%3C49%3A34%3Avq0mrj232323232%7Ffp53%3B5%3A%3Evq%3D788%3A%3E377%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D347787367434%3Avq0mrj

(LEFT) I used an individual photo of each of our three (not shown here), and then the group photo of grand daughters and pooch with the kids by the half decorated tree.

(MIDDLE) The kids dressed up for an anniversary party for friends of ours.

(RIGHT) And the kids in the ocean in October in the outer banks. We were so blessed with fabulous weather -- we didn't think we would be able to be on the beach but it was great. Not having been back there in two years, it was such a treat.

ETA: All photos beautifully arranged (by me) on a gingerbread man holiday card.

Here's the one I'm sending out, Heidi. Not fantabulous, but the road trip was a highlight in an otherwise low year and I loved that particular spot (Mesa Arch in Canyonlands). Hope I'm getting one from you. It's lovely (I'd expect nothing less!), but I do miss seeing you & Russ in mix...

Well, I think it is a fantabulous picture of your crew! I enjoyed reading about your trip. I'm sorry you've had a low year, Colleen. :grouphug:

I just ordered the picts last night, so I'm obviously not on top of getting them out in a timely manner, but you're on the list. :) I think this is the first year Russ and I aren't in the picture. We haven't changed much. Ha! It truly was torturous trying to get the whole family to stand still and have a pleasant look on their faces. How can that be so difficult?! And I couldn't think of a thing to say in a Christmas letter. It was a, well, I'll call it an uneventful year and that will sound better.

232323232%7Ffp73457%3Evq%3D3493%3E668%3E578%3E2584668669259wp1lsi232323232%7Ffp6357%3B%3Evq%3D788%3A%3E377%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D347786%3C49%3A34%3Avq0mrj232323232%7Ffp53%3B5%3A%3Evq%3D788%3A%3E377%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D347787367434%3Avq0mrj

(LEFT) I used an individual photo of each of our three (not shown here), and then the group photo of grand daughters and pooch with the kids by the half decorated tree.

(MIDDLE) The kids dressed up for an anniversary party for friends of ours.

(RIGHT) And the kids in the ocean in October in the outer banks. We were so blessed with fabulous weather -- we didn't think we would be able to be on the beach but it was great. Not having been back there in two years, it was such a treat.

ETA: All photos beautifully arranged (by me) on a gingerbread man holiday card.

That's a fun collection of pictures!

Beautiful photos! We had professional photos done this year since we hadn't had a good photo of all of us in a while and I wanted graduations pictures of my oldest son. Plus, we wanted some with Bear in the mix. Here are some of the ones we sent out on our Christmas cards:

[ATTACH]7296[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7297[/ATTACH]

I love the laughing photo! :001_smile:

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone. And I'm so glad some of you were able to share photos. I LOVE seeing them. Anyone else? :001_smile:

What a nice "arrangement" of your kids! (I know that sounds weird but I don't know how to say that I like that your kids aren't in an boring row, which the way I tend to do things.)

Thank you! I didn't do it lol the photographer was awesome! I loved every pose, I ended up just buying the cd with all of the negatives because I couldn't choose

You guys have some awesome photos! Wow!

We used one from last summer's Wizard of Oz production. The card had a snow globe on it, and the photo was in the snow globe. Not my favorite picture of dh and I, but we couldn't resist the kids being dressed up.

post-3004-13535085969754_thumb.jpg

post-3004-13535085969754_thumb.jpg