Menu

Are there any educational apps for I pod Touch?

I'm just wondering. I'm new at this all at the moment. My inlaws bought my 13 yr old and I Pod Touch and we downloaded a few songs and games but I'd like to add some educational games.

If anyone more experienced at this than me can do some recommending that would be great. Free apps are always a plus for sure.

P.S. I feel that we'll be all trying to get our grubby hands on it. LOL

I've found a lot by "liking" Apps for Homeschooling on facebook. It's a mom who posts reviews and frequently updates what's on sale or free. She posts a lot, but I click through every few days to look at the free/sale listing and see what's new. Her kids are younger than mine, and she posts both iPad and iPod apps, so you have to sift through but it only takes a couple minutes.

Some we like lately: Brainpop (free movie of the day), MindSnacks French & Spanish (I just got the free versions), Presidents Vs Aliens (99 cents I think), Oregon Trail (this one may have been a little more, maybe $3?), Rocket Math, Top-It addition & subtraction (wait for it to be free - fun but not really worth $$). Plus there are a ton of free books for the Kindle app, especially classics.

Thanks for the suggestions. After figuring out how to use this thing today( wanted to get it up and running). We found we can download music through our desktop. But we have to go to our little local coffee shop to get the wireless (took us all day to figure out that one). AFter Christmas we'll be getting wireless though so we won't have to keep going there. LOL

So are Ipod and Ipad apps compatible with each other or are they different?

Thanks for the suggestions. After figuring out how to use this thing today( wanted to get it up and running). We found we can download music through our desktop. But we have to go to our little local coffee shop to get the wireless (took us all day to figure out that one). AFter Christmas we'll be getting wireless though so we won't have to keep going there. LOL

So are Ipod and Ipad apps compatible with each other or are they different?

Some apps run on both, some are different. If you have iTunes on your desktop, you can download apps that will go onto your iPod when you "sync" it. You can also rearrange what "page" things are on from there - much easier than doing it on the tiny screen! For example, I have some that I accept for the math facts practice I require from dc, and put all of those on one page.