Menu

Bravewriter Online Classes - Has anyone done them?

tammyw

I'm considering one for my almost 9yo dd. We've been in "break" mode this month and I need something to kick us into gear. I'm thinking about the Grammar one for her - I emailed Julie and she said it was a fun one.

I just thought I'd ask to see if anyone had done it, since it's pricey ($200 for a one month class) but am willing to pay if it kickstarts on a good path.

I haven't done that one. I did the copywork/dictation class a few years ago (it was only $100 back then!), and it was a good class, I think I learned some valuable skills (that one is more for mom & how to teach/assess skills, but there were some exercises for the child to do too).

I also sat in on a couple of kidswrite basic classes, but haven't done them with my kids. I used TWJ for awhile & have thought about doing a class for them...just not sure about the $200! If I knew it would really turn one of my kids onto writing I'd do it in a heartbeat...

Merry :-)

I haven't done that one. I did the copywork/dictation class a few years ago (it was only $100 back then!), and it was a good class, I think I learned some valuable skills (that one is more for mom & how to teach/assess skills, but there were some exercises for the child to do too).

I also sat in on a couple of kidswrite basic classes, but haven't done them with my kids. I used TWJ for awhile & have thought about doing a class for them...just not sure about the $200! If I knew it would really turn one of my kids onto writing I'd do it in a heartbeat...

Merry :-)

Thank you Merry! I think I might try it and just see. Hopefully it will be money well spent.