Menu

being lazy today...I bet I'm the only one

I have 2 levels of house to clean, soup to make, a grocery list to make & grocery shopping to do. Let's not talk about the presents upstairs, unwrapped.:glare:

However, I sit here in my housecoat, doing not much more than turning on the wash & swiffering. It's day 2 of my TOM, which always seems to be a booger. 4 guests arrive tomorrow for 4 days. In a bit, I really will get up & get moving :). But right now....this chair feels SOOO GOOD! I'm pretty sure it will be one of those "don't open the closet!!!" type cleans :D.

How's YOUR holiday prep going??????

Edited by us4jones
left out info

I am lazy today, too. I am sitting here without coffee this morning and just can't get myself moving to make some. Yesteday, I resorted to drinking a RockStar (evil stuff!) in order to get my house clean for company today.

This "darkest time of the year" stuff is hitting hard here this year!

:lol: I need to shower, pack up gift cards and write out a card to be mailed today, go through the library bag and get us to the library, get to the grocery store, clean some more to prepare for the 24th, and declutter for the bags the VVA is picking up Friday morning. I'm supposed to be making a meal plan so I can make a grocery shopping list, which I AM doing. But I'm spending more time here than I am making my plan!

In my defense, I've been sick, and given the way my entire head feels right now, I suspect I've developed my first sinus infection in like, 20 years :glare: But I still have to get this stuff done!

Actually, if I didn't have about 12 hours of "work" work to do (which I'm procrastinating on), I'd be happily cleaning, wrapping, and addressing my Christmas cards (yes, they are still unsent). I have a much higher energy level for domestic chores than stuff I have to email to other people. Unfortunately, the year end is crazy busy at work as well as at home. But yeah, I'm feeling lazy too!

I am too lazy to list all the things I'm supposed to be doing:lol:

Instead, I'm still sitting in my bed surfing the Internet, reading this forum, talking on the phone and generally avoiding work. Dh called and said he would be home around 2 for us to start errands together and dd just said she's hungry so I guess I have to get moving.

I am watching the Wonder Years on Netflix. ;)

I so did not realize The Wonder Years was on Netflix. Dangerous information! Who know what all responsibilities I could avoid!! :D. I WILL be adding it to the queue (dang that's a hard word to spell!).

Seriously, I'm glad to hear I'm not 'alone' at the kitchen table! Hahaha! I do think I'll head off to the shower & see if I can jump start this engine! Maybe I can get motivated to get busy...:auto:

I'm sitting in the dentist's office waiting on two boys. I have a doctor appointment this afternoon. Then I've got 6 extra kids coming over. I have cookies to bake, candy to dip, and presents to wrap. I've got another dentist appointment tomorrow. Who thought it was a great idea to schedule 5 dentist appointments the week before Christmas?

I thought I'd have all my prep work done by now. Things are staying very simple here. No guests, just us, a few presents, a few cookies & a lot of relaxation. However, dd5 came home 2 weeks ago from Awana w/ a flu bug! So, it has been circulating through everyone since then (all but oldest dd have been sick!). Dd14 & I were sick yesterday, so I didn't get anything done and I am still sitting here in my jammies moving very slowly. Hopefully my head will stop swimming enough to take a shower soon. So, no your're not the only one being lazy today.:tongue_smilie:

Well, I have showered today so far. So I am not lazy :) Dh is getting home early today to do some Christmas shopping and prep, so before he gets home I will jump up and do a blitz. I actually got so much done yesterday that I am enjoying a slow day.

But don't get me wrong. Presents aren't wrapped. The cookie dough is made but needs to be baked. etc...

Thank you SO much for starting this thread. I am being very very lazy this week. I have already done 99% of all my Christmas shopping. The house needs some attention but it's not bad. It's raining here today and we are watching Christmas movies and eating too much!

I had lots of plans of organizing things before Christmas but I am sitting here!

God BLess,

Elise in NC

I'm sitting in the dentist's office waiting on two boys. I have a doctor appointment this afternoon. Then I've got 6 extra kids coming over. I have cookies to bake, candy to dip, and presents to wrap. I've got another dentist appointment tomorrow. Who thought it was a great idea to schedule 5 dentist appointments the week before Christmas?

I took my ds to the dentist this morning, and he has to go back tomorrow morning for a filling. It is a great time to schedule appointments otherwise you wouldn't have anytime to just sit. :D

I have 2 levels of house to clean, soup to make, a grocery list to make & grocery shopping to do. Let's not talk about the presents upstairs, unwrapped.:glare:

However, I sit here in my housecoat, doing not much more than turning on the wash & swiffering. It's day 2 of my TOM, which always seems to be a booger. 4 guests arrive tomorrow for 4 days. In a bit, I really will get up & get moving :). But right now....this chair feels SOOO GOOD! I'm pretty sure it will be one of those "don't open the closet!!!" type cleans :D.

How's YOUR holiday prep going??????

Oh, I so do understand. I have SO MUCH to do, places to go, things that need to get done, rooms to clean, etc etc. But I am 34 1/2 weeks pregnant, I'm tired, and I have no energy and just as much motivation. Meanwhile, ds7 keeps telling me the time (which is really annoying) and it's like a constant reminder that I'm running late...... ARRRGGGHHHH.

I'd prefer just to sit here, procrastinate, and let things just not happen.

Actually, I think procrastination may be my middle name :tongue_smilie:

I'm pretty sure it will be one of those "don't open the closet!!!" type cleans :D.

Is there any other kind ;)

I had 2 hours sleep last night -so now I have the resultant sick headache/hangover feeling :ack2:

Took some Panadol and waiting for it to kick in -but I have a Facebook game up on one of my screens :D