Menu

When you first wake up

How do you wake up in the morning?  

1. 1. How do you wake up in the morning?

• I'm feeling refreshed and ready for the day!
    • I am dragging myself to the kitchen to help me wake up.
    • Other, just because it's important to always include the other.

Okay, as I dragged myself out of bed this morning, I wondered how many other people feel that way every morning. I feel the same way when I wake up every day regardless of how many hours I slept.

So how about you? Do you wake up feeling refreshed or are you dragging yourself around for a bit to wake up?

Thank you for including other. I am sure that other posters with arthritis may choose that option. I wake up rested and fine mentally but with RA, you also wake up with stiff joints so it is hard to move. I don't drag myself anywhere but depending on the day, I may be doing something sort of like a Frankenstein walk since I do have problems with my foot joints and they get very stiff.

It depends...voted other!

If it is at least 7:45 and I have slept well, I wake up ready to go. My internal alarm says 8am is wake up time.

When my boys rise with the sun and the sun comes up earlier than 7:45, I am dragging.

If I am pregnant...like now...I am usually dragging.

If I am VERY pregnant...like now... and have a problem with waking at 4am :glare: and staying awake for an hour or two :glare: before falling back into a deep sleep, I will definitely be dragging, even at 8am.

dragging. I *hate* mornings. I also hate to get out of bed in the morning.

I have found that on the rare days I'm up really early, say 5:00 or so, I have much more energy. I will go outside, open up the chickens, let the dogs out, and I'm so much more energized and happy and ready to get started on my day.

I usually don't wake up that early though. I'm usually waking up anywhere from 7:00 - 8:30.

Assuming I had a regular amount of sleep, I feel ready for the day. I get going fast. Eat breakfast, dress fast, and get going. The only thing that I can't seem to do is get up early in order to exercise. Somehow I always opt to sleep more than exercise.

Same here.

Thank you for including other. I am sure that other posters with arthritis may choose that option. I wake up rested and fine mentally but with RA, you also wake up with stiff joints so it is hard to move. I don't drag myself anywhere but depending on the day, I may be doing something sort of like a Frankenstein walk since I do have problems with my foot joints and they get very stiff.

:grouphug: I would include you as feeling rested and refreshed then because your mind is ready to go. I can't even think well in the morning until I've had 2 cups of coffee. I hate when my DH asks me questions when I first wake up. I usually just say 'I don't know, please give me a little while for my brain cells to become fully functioning.' You would think that after 16 years of marriage, he would already know that! :tongue_smilie:

I am generally dragging. I feel better after a shower. Unfortunately, dh is the jump right up type most days. We get up at 5:30 two days a week to go to the gym and play basketball. I usually am quiet and still in the process of waking up until we get to the gym and play for the first 10 minutes or so. He jumps right out of bed singing and bounces around the gym saying good morning and smiling.

I can't even think well in the morning until I've had 2 cups of coffee. I hate when my DH asks me questions when I first wake up. I usually just say 'I don't know, please give me a little while for my brain cells to become fully functioning.'

I am always relieved if DH has left for work before I get up. He is ridiculously cheerful in the morning and he finds my muttering and stumbling amusing in the morning. :tongue_smilie:

I voted other because some days I'm dragging and some days I'm refreshed. It really doesn't matter how much sleep I get. Not sure why this happens as there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why I would drag one day but not the next.

I also get up when my body says it's time other than Mondays when I set the alarm just to be sure I'm up in time to take dd to therapy.

Right now I'm dragging every day. I'm about 22 weeks pregnant and I am just so tired all the time, even if I get to sleep super early. I've already hit the insomnia I usually get in the third trimester and it is kicking my butt.

I am certainly not a morning person by nature, but generally if I've had enough sleep I'm ready to go in the morning as long as it's after 7. It used to be that I wasn't doing well til 8 or so, but my 4yo got up at 5:30 a.m. for a long time when he was 2 and that kind of retrained my body to be up earlier. He's still up by 6:30 every day- He just knows he isn't allowed to come out of his room until the clock hits 7.

Shoot, it takes me hours to feel "ready for the day."

On the other hand, if I'm not too sleep-deprived, I can easily work (or play) deep into the night.

My ex-boss said I was basically a Mack truck. Took forever to get up to speed, but then, watch out!

I've been like this since I was a kid. Tried many things, nothing works. It's just who I am. God does have a sense of humor.

Other. I am not refreshed. I am groggy and confused. I walk down the hall and get on the treadmill and walk slowly for a mile. It really helps me gently join the land of the living! :) Then, I'm cheerful and ready for the day. Well, as cheerful as a cranky old woman gets!

Other. I am not refreshed. I am groggy and confused. I walk down the hall and get on the treadmill and walk slowly for a mile. It really helps me gently join the land of the living! :) Then, I'm cheerful and ready for the day. Well, as cheerful as a cranky old woman gets!

Darn, that's a really great idea!!! Do you put on shoes, or just walk without? I always feel so much better after a walk!

Good as long as I have had sleep, which I usually do- staying up late is not worth it to me! However, having kids they don't always cooporate dd2 kept me up the other night and I was half asleep all day. I like to have quiet time by myself first before I start in on the day though. I don't drink coffee though, generally I don't eat or drink at all until about 2 hrs or so after waking up.

Okay, as I dragged myself out of bed this morning, I wondered how many other people feel that way every morning. I feel the same way when I wake up every day regardless of how many hours I slept.

So how about you? Do you wake up feeling refreshed or are you dragging yourself around for a bit to wake up?

I voted "refreshed and ready."

POSSIBLE TMI NSFW ALERT

but... we set the alarm a little early and have some adult play time first thing in the morning. Great way to start the day. I highly recommend it. Even if you usually feel grumpy in the morning, put that aside and have some fun anyway. I guarantee you will both be peppier.

I'm not really tired or sleepy in the morning. (I get 8-9 hours of sleep.) I'm just SLOW in the morning. It takes me about 90 minutes to get up to cruising speed. I don't want to eat, talk, or get dressed for a good half hour after waking.

I'm just not a morning person. I do all of my dance classes after 5 p.m. When I do take morning classes or workshops, I can feel that my coordination is off. I'm glad we never have morni g performances!

My daughter is like me. DH and Ds, however, are as wide awake as they will be all day the MINUTE their eyes open. They will never believe that the snooze alarm is a brilliant invention.