Menu

A plug for All Things Fun and Fascinating by IEW

HappyGrace

Ds in 3rd grade is using this. It's a GREAT and easy intro to IEW! Older dd did IEW w/out this and I'm so happy to find this for him because it is a super easy step by step way to implement IEW for a beginner-perfect for 3rd grade. It's very pick up and go for the teacher.

He is not a huge writer but he is really enjoying this program, which is a plus!

Ds in 3rd grade is using this. It's a GREAT and easy intro to IEW! Older dd did IEW w/out this and I'm so happy to find this for him because it is a super easy step by step way to implement IEW for a beginner-perfect for 3rd grade. It's very pick up and go for the teacher.

He is not a huge writer but he is really enjoying this program, which is a plus!

We also used that last year in a small co-op, and it was so great, esp for that 1st-3rd age group. This year we are using Geography-Based Writing Lessons, which is an ebook using Holling Clancy Holling's books (Paddle to the Sea, Tree in the Trail, etc.). It's been good too!

We also used that last year in a small co-op, and it was so great, esp for that 1st-3rd age group. This year we are using Geography-Based Writing Lessons, which is an ebook using Holling Clancy Holling's books (Paddle to the Sea, Tree in the Trail, etc.). It's been good too!

For which ages do you think the Geography Based lessons are appropriate?

For which ages do you think the Geography Based lessons are appropriate?

Hmmm, we are using it with kids from 2nd grade up to 5th grade. The 5th grader has much more detailed compositions, but the younger kids haven't had any problems with it. I think you can go simple and geared to younger, or more complicated and geared to older kids pretty easily. The 2nd grader did do All Things Fun and Fascinating last year though, so he was not a total beginner either.

I don't have any other IEW stuff, and it's been fine. Everything is explained in the book.

Thank you.

I am thinking I might use this with our 5th grader once we start back in January. He has had zero writing (public school until 4th). They had him writing paragraphs but nothing really organized, etc. so those traits continue with our current program.