Menu

Can anyone recommend a good book on time management/organization...

...that doesn't seem to apply almost entirely to professionals? Or, if it does, that crosses over well to home and life management too? I'm in need of some shoring up, but most of the books I've read in the past haven't seemed to apply because they're geared toward time management at work. I'd love some other ideas, if there was something else that resonated with you.

TIA!

Homeschooling at the Speed of Life by Marilyn Rockett.

I bought mine with Christmas money when it first came out, and I re-read it periodically for a tune-up.

It's more practical/down-to-earth than the Maxwell's materials (which are also Christian, FWIW).

Organizing from the Inside Out (Julie Morgenstern)

Side-Tracked Home Executives

Those are the two books that changed my life. I've read just about every organizing and home management book, and these are the two. I saw Julie on PBS doing a special, and ordered the book and started working through it. Then I saw STHE mentioned when FlyLady was big, and it too was amazing.

...that doesn't seem to apply almost entirely to professionals? Or, if it does, that crosses over well to home and life management too? I'm in need of some shoring up, but most of the books I've read in the past haven't seemed to apply because they're geared toward time management at work. I'd love some other ideas, if there was something else that resonated with you.

TIA!

In the WTM Jessie and Susan list resources on the topics of time managementand organization in their chapter " And Just When Do I Do All This? Schedules for Home Schoolers."

:)

:iagree: It's for professionals, but can easily be adapted. There is also GTD for Moms, called Mind Organization for Moms. I haven't used it, so I can't offer a personal recommendation, but it looks like a great place to start.

I bought Mind Organization for Moms and have also read Getting Things Done. MOM was really helpful to me, but I also felt like it was a bit overpriced.

Organizing from the Inside Out (Julie Morgenstern)

Side-Tracked Home Executives

Those are the two books that changed my life. I've read just about every organizing and home management book, and these are the two. I saw Julie on PBS doing a special, and ordered the book and started working through it. Then I saw STHE mentioned when FlyLady was big, and it too was amazing.

:iagree: