Menu

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows -- movie

Saw it tonight w/ dd & we really enjoyed it. :D

I think Robert Downey Jr. & Jude Law play off each other very well (as they did in the first one too). They're a great combo together.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1860541977/

:thumbup1: My 5th grader and I went to see it last weekend (I know ... not child appropriate, he's one of those kids that views these movies much beyond his years and the first one got him interested in the original stories). We LOVED it! Couldn't decide which movie was better. So fun.

I haven't seen either movie - I am a bit scared to. I love Holmes, and I don't want to be disappointed. The casting seems to me to be kind of backwards.

Well, I'm not that crazy about Sherlock Holmes but loved both movies, so not sure if that means you would hate it or like it more.

My DH has read a few of the books, and he says Downey's version of Holmes is more in line with the Sherlock Holmes of the books he read. Far different from the usual "stiff upper lip" Holmes you see in the old black and whites.

I remember seeing the first movie, and when Watson first appeared on screen and stepped up behind Holmes... WOW, Jude Law gave him SUCH a presence! I'm hoping to see the second movie soon.

Couldn't decide which movie was better. So fun.

I enjoyed the first movie, but I think I actually liked this one better.

Downey's version of Holmes is more in line with the Sherlock Holmes of the books he read. Far different from the usual "stiff upper lip" Holmes you see in the old black and whites.

:iagree:

lol - I actually fell asleep during the movie. :sleep: Funnily enough, I wasn't the only one - there was a guy halfway across the theater who was snoring three different times during the film. :lol:

I didn't get the first one, and this one was even more of a lost cause for me. I don't know what it is... can't put my finger on it... but I just didn't get it! DH said it was pretty good, but he definitely enjoyed it more than I did. *I* was rooting for the bad guy, and especially the sharp shooter dude (whoever he was). They were the only interesting characters to me, lol.

DH woke me up (the first time) and I grumbled, "it's just another chase scene - let me sleep through those." He laughed and said that meant i'd probably sleep the rest of the movie and I said that was okay by me.

It's likely I'm just not an action-movie person. That must be it, because everyone else I know said they really liked it! :lurk5: