Menu

HELP! Mexican Breakfast Lasagna -- will this work?

I have ground sausage, tortillas, salsa (well, taco sauce), eggs, and cheese.

I was going to make breakfast burritos, but I don't feel like standing there forever. LOL This is for a breakfast at church tomorrow. It's a gazillion degrees outside, and I've already made my make-ahead french toast, and I've yet to make taco salad for our dinner.

So....

Will it work if I layer tortillas, egg, sausage, sauce, cheese? Can I build it today and just bake it in the morning or do you think the tortillas will get too soggy? If so, I guess I'll just build it and bake it tomorrow before we go to church.

I have ground sausage, tortillas, salsa (well, taco sauce), eggs, and cheese.

I was going to make breakfast burritos, but I don't feel like standing there forever. LOL This is for a breakfast at church tomorrow. It's a gazillion degrees outside, and I've already made my make-ahead french toast, and I've yet to make taco salad for our dinner.

So....

Will it work if I layer tortillas, egg, sausage, sauce, cheese? Can I build it today and just bake it in the morning or do you think the tortillas will get too soggy? If so, I guess I'll just build it and bake it tomorrow before we go to church.

If you are putting raw eggs in there, the tortillas will get soggy. If you scramble the eggs first and then add it all, I think it would be great to layer everything and make it ahead and bake it tomorrow.