Menu

Math Mammoth is da bomb!!!

I love the way Math Mammoth teaches dividing fractions. It's the explanation that I always needed but never had. I had never used this curriculum before. I was just unhappy with all the other ways of teaching I had come across in my current math curriculum. I downloaded this and now I'm hooked. My son is understanding without a hitch.

I love the way Math Mammoth teaches dividing fractions. It's the explanation that I always needed but never had. I had never used this curriculum before. I was just unhappy with all the other ways of teaching I had come across in my current math curriculum. I downloaded this and now I'm hooked. My son is understanding without a hitch.

:iagree:

Did you watch Maria's videos on this topic?

Yep, MM rocks. I probably have posted about this more than any other subject in my extensive 2 month experience with homeschooling! ;) If it weren't for MM, I would be seriously considering slitting my wrists right now. DD has come *so far* with it, and I am confident that she is finally getting the math education she deserves!!!!

I just downloaded the fractions 2 in the blue series. I think it combines the fraction lessons from grades 5 and 6. I've been doing about a section a day with ds. Some days it's 2 pages ad sometimes 4. There have been a couple of days that we didn't finish, or I felt he needed another day on a topic. Even though this wasn't all about dividing fractions, the previous lessons were a nice intro. So, even though we had covered adding and multiplication, I went ahead and re-did those using her methods. I think it helped.

We're gonna start the grade 6 after the 1st. This is back-tracking a little for us, but since the concepts are presented a little differently, I thought it wouldn't hurt to run though all of it.

You know I love when I hear + MM stories. We *love* MM here.

We use a combo of light blue MM and Horizons (purely for added flavor, though we've used all the MM supplements with as much success). MM works really, really well with my kids.

I had a panic moment one day and emailed Maria in a "What should I do, what should I do?" state, and she got right back to me. Amazing customer service!