Menu

Most excellent wallpaper! :) Picture

Found the first one cheaper on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/World-Map-Paper-Wall-Mural/dp/B000RL9K08/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I50TIAHAO0579&colid=3327GFLWIT6FX

Okay, I have some questions for those of you more into decorating than me (probably all of you...).

I was looking at these months and months ago with the dining room in mind. It's literally one wall, and I wanted to do something different. This might be a little crazy though. This dining room is already part of the kitchen so already pretty informal.

My main problem is the wall is just a little over 10' wide and measures 84" at the far right hand side and goes up to 8'4" on the left. I'd have to decide which countries to hack off the top, bottom, left & right. Wrapping around the corner would have it ending abruptly in the hallway (although it might end up in the corner which would be okay). If I get it through my head that it's wallpaper, and interrupting the pattern is not going to completely wreck my kid's geography education, I could probably bring myself to do it.

This room is part of the kitchen which is painted a turquoise (Valspar's "Beach Water") that very closely matches the blues in this map. The white is currently primer. My intentions were to continue this blue through the dining room and the hallway area you see beyond. It might just sort of blend in...

Here is the dining room:

Here is a pic that shows the blue in the kitchen:

What do you all think? Should I go for it? It would certainly be different! :lol:

ETA: We have replaced the nasty, leaking sliding door. Here are a couple shots that show that wall a little better. This wall with the doorwall would be blue also. Hmmm... I could actually start the mural to the immediate left of that door and any window treatment I use above it would help blend it into the blue.

Edited by darlasowders

Found the first one cheaper on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/World-Map-Paper-Wall-Mural/dp/B000RL9K08/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I50TIAHAO0579&colid=3327GFLWIT6FX

Okay, I have some questions for those of you more into decorating than me (probably all of you...).

I was looking at these months and months ago with the dining room in mind. It's literally one wall, and I wanted to do something different. This might be a little crazy though. This dining room is already part of the kitchen so already pretty informal.

My main problem is the wall is just a little over 10' wide and measures 84" at the far right hand side and goes up to 8'4" on the left. I'd have to decide which countries to hack off the top, bottom, left & right. Wrapping around the corner would have it ending abruptly in the hallway (although it might end up in the corner which would be okay). If I get it through my head that it's wallpaper, and interrupting the pattern is not going to completely wreck my kid's geography education, I could probably bring myself to do it.

This room is part of the kitchen which is painted a turquoise (Valspar's "Beach Water") that very closely matches the blues in this map. The white is currently primer. My intentions were to continue this blue through the dining room and the hallway area you see beyond. It might just sort of blend in...

Here is the dining room:

[ATTACH]7260[/ATTACH]

Here is a pic that shows the blue in the kitchen:

[ATTACH]7261[/ATTACH]

What do you all think? Should I go for it? It would certainly be different! :lol:

ETA: We have replaced the nasty, leaking sliding door. Here are a couple shots that show that wall a little better. This wall with the doorwall would be blue also. Hmmm... I could actually start the mural to the immediate left of that door and any window treatment I use above it would help blend it into the blue.

[ATTACH]7262[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]7263[/ATTACH]

I say go for it. Why not!