Menu

Are you expecting a white Christmas this year?

My kids are so disappointed that it will be warm (upper 50's) for Christmas this year, which means no chance of snow. It might rain, though. Last year we got Christmas snow, which is unusual for GA. But the past years have at least been cold. They're feeling very un-Christmas-ish with all this warm weather. Since I grew up in HI, where a cold Christmas meant temps in the low 70's, I'm not too sympathetic.

Will it be a white Christmas where you are?

I am in MN and we typically get a white Christmas. Last year, we had a TON of snow at this time. Today it is 45 and sunny. It feels like April. So strange! I would be shocked if we get hit with any snow before next week at this point. Mild weather week predicted.

Quite the opposite since I live on the face of the sun. :tongue_smilie: It will be 90 degrees with 90% humidity, sunshine and blue skies.... Just like every other day of the year.

ETA: I am perfectly happy with it too. I hate cold and snow and ice and slush and gray skies....brrrrr

Edited by Heather in NC

Nope! Although it will be cool for here - 50ish. It's not at all typical for Central TX to get snow anyway. I hate to imagine what would happen to us if we did get it tho. My town FREAKS out over the possibility of just rain. You know, that wet stuff that falls from the sky elsewhere but rarely does here.

snow on the ground at christmas is rare. white christmas's are even (defined as snowing on christmas day) are more rare. (we did in 2008 - for a total of 22" on the ground. Not much to some places but we were effectivelly snowed in.)

I'd settle for enough snow to play in this winter. I'm not optimistic.

Not in Vegas. It has happened though. I don't think it will this year. I was happy that it rained today!

The year I got married my sister took about half the wedding party with her to Vegas for two days just before the wedding. There was a winter storm and they all missed the rehearsal, but made it back for the wedding. I got married on Dec 30, so it missed Christmas, but was a white New Year!

It was 60 today here, so not expecting a white Christmas. We had snow on Christmas Day last year, which doesn't happen too often. A white Christmas was all dd9 asked for last year, because she couldn't remember one. I was so worried she would be disappointed, then woke up to beautiful snow!

we finally got our cold weather a few days back, but no.... no snow. Everything looks dead and ugly. It is hard to feel like Christmas with no snow!!!

The year we got a snowmobile as a family gift for Christmas, we never got snow that entire season. IN NEW ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!! The boys got to sit on the snowmobile and start it. That was all. What fun.:glare:

Personally, I love snow. I really wish we'd get some on the ground. I have only a couple months to try my snowshoes to see if they're going to work for me.

No its supposed to be quite warm this coming week. Its been a warm winter so far considering we have only had 2 frosts yet this time last year had heavy snow and a alot of ice the last 2 weeks of dec. I remember my sister having real trouble getting here because of the weather, she is highly unlikely to have the same problem this year.