Menu

Dr. Hive?

I need a "diagnosis."

A couple days ago, I had a sore throat. I've had some tummy upset and headaches. Nothing horrid. I had a couple feverish periods (chills, burning up, etc). Today, I'm dying. None of the other symptoms are horrible, but I'm drowning. And the worst symptom is extreme jaw pain. EXTREME.

I'm thinking of going to the doctor but that would require taking a shower which I'm not real keen on doing (as I can't stand for more than 2 minutes and then I'd be cold and would have to dry my hair and....).

Oh, and I'm whiny. If only to myself....and now you....

I agree -- doctors really don't care about the shower situation. Slap on some Speed Stick if you are so inclined and rinse with a little Listerine if you must. But go on in, hairy legs and greasy hair and all.

Might just be the flu manifesting itself in a horrible way. Anyone else at home sick?

Go get checked. Maybe you have a funky infection of some sort. It just doesn't all add up to me.

I am sorry you don't feel well.

I agree -- doctors really don't care about the shower situation. Slap on some Speed Stick if you are so inclined and rinse with a little Listerine if you must. But go on in, hairy legs and greasy hair and all.

Might just be the flu manifesting itself in a horrible way. Anyone else at home sick?

Go get checked. Maybe you have a funky infection of some sort. It just doesn't all add up to me.

I am sorry you don't feel well.

:iagree: Yes Pamela, do this. And no, we seriously won't judge you for not showering before going to the doc when you're grody sick. :tongue_smilie: Society at large gives you a pass for that. :D

At doc.

Kids said I should lose the hulk purple pants but I didn't even do that. A brush and headband and left. Dd bright me since I'm so bad off. Blah.

I had plans to do with the kids. I have a new 15 yr old who is begging to stay long term. And we have a special week of spiritual activity planned. Even without doing holidays I can't afford to be this sick!

I had dh take me to the urgent care place this morning as soon as it opened. Even though we were there within 5 minutes of opening, it still took an hour to get into the office and I was there for two hours.

I just wish I had had him take me yesterday, but it didn't get really bad until after the urgent care places all closed.

I am already feeling much better. I got injections of antibiotic and steroid and prescriptions for painkiller and more antibiotics. I'm pretty woozy from the painkiller.

The kids all went out shopping together at the mall and they are calling me to ask if they can buy things on each others wish lists (because they don't know what I've already bought or what the others are getting).

I should feel pretty decent tomorrow.

Hopefully you will too.

I hate going to urgent care places, but there are times you really need them.

At doc.

Kids said I should lose the hulk purple pants but I didn't even do that. A brush and headband and left. Dd bright me since I'm so bad off. Blah.

I had plans to do with the kids. I have a new 15 yr old who is begging to stay long term. And we have a special week of spiritual activity planned. Even without doing holidays I can't afford to be this sick!

Pamela, embrace your purple pants.

:D

Seriously, let us know what the doc says and how yo're doing. So glad you have dd there to help you. :grouphug:

okay, so I have "the same virus everyone else has." She was surprised about the degree of my inflammation and fluid...and that my ears didn't hurt with that much fluid (and that I could balance). Anyway, some steroids (oral because I had shots when I had pneumonia last month) and some other script.

Hopefully I'll feel better in a day or two so I can have fun with these kiddos. And I need some time to torture this 15yr old and see if he can handle it and still wants to stay before I can tell caseworker that we'll just keep him rather than her having to find him another home (like was the plan).

No, no! Then they will think she has abdominal pain.

:lol:

okay, so I have "the same virus everyone else has." She was surprised about the degree of my inflammation and fluid...and that my ears didn't hurt with that much fluid (and that I could balance). Anyway, some steroids (oral because I had shots when I had pneumonia last month) and some other script.

Hopefully I'll feel better in a day or two so I can have fun with these kiddos. And I need some time to torture this 15yr old and see if he can handle it and still wants to stay before I can tell caseworker that we'll just keep him rather than her having to find him another home (like was the plan).

Glad to hear you're ok. And keep us updated on your new addition to the family!