Menu

Help with pc software issues! Lost product keys.

LNC

My son with special needs loves his laptop and pc games. His laptop crashed last weekend and we bought a refurbished one to replace it. I just went to reinstall Star Wars Republic Commandoes and realized the product key is on the case. WHICH I THRE OUT AGES AGO! I keep all the pc games in a binder with cd sleeves. What do I do now? Have I really lost access to all of his pc games???

There are two little white boxes. One says NTSC and the other one has numbers and letter. Is that the product key?? I remember getting it off the case originally.

Ack! The numbers on the cd didn't work. I threw out all his cases! What was I thinking. I don't think there is any way to get them now. It is Star Wars Republic Commandos... Bummer. Now I know to not throw out the cases he gets for Christmas...

Edited by LNC

Do you still have the old computer? If a tech can get into windows, there's a possibility you can retrieve it from the old computer.

:iagree: Or you can buy programs that are supposed to find them for you, too. I've never actually used one, so you'd want to do some research, but they're out there. Does the old computer still work at all?

There are two little white boxes. One says NTSC and the other one has numbers and letter. Is that the product key?? I remember getting it off the case originally.

Is it a really long number? It's worth a try.

ETA: If that doesn't work, you could try emailing the retailers and explaining the situation. It's a long shot, but worth a try.

Edited by Mergath