Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soph the vet

X-Post: Chalkdust Math, anyone use it?

We've used it for Pre-Alg through Pre Cal and find it rigorous for our purposes. My eldest scored well on the PSAT math with Chalkdust as a background. HTH's. Janet

discussions about Chalkdust on this board recently. If you search, you'll find many threads.

My ds just finished CD PreCalc and did very well on the ACT math.

HTH,

Brenda

As far as the DVD instruction is concerned. Dana Mosely is a superb teacher, in my opinion. I like that he's very organized in his presentation. I like that he's very thorough and does not make assumptions about what a student might/might not understand and therefore does not make leaps in teaching a concept. He's very methodical. He does not skip steps. I like that he might review a concept a little before teaching a new one to refresh the student's memory. He can be quite animated and is therefore not boring. He almost teaches with his whole body. My kids love him.

My teen used the Chalkdust SAT math review program; she used Lial's for Algebra 1 and 2, Jacobs' for Geometry, and Sullivan for Pre-Calculus. She found it valuable.

Regards,

Kareni

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Tweet
Pin