Menu

Ok, it's weird and maybe completely unfunny for most families.

However, I used to kiss my dd on the lips to say goodnight, as she did to me, until she was about 5. I was a nanny in Europe a long time ago, and this is what many parents did with their children, and I decided to do it to. I don't think there has to be anything sick about it. Sure, I wouldn't lip kiss her now at age 10, but I also wouldn't gag at the thought of it and think there was anything dirty about it.

I can see how it's revolting for the teens, though. :)

However, I used to kiss my dd on the lips to say goodnight, as she did to me, until she was about 5. I was a nanny in Europe a long time ago, and this is what many parents did with their children, and I decided to do it to. I don't think there has to be anything sick about it. Sure, I wouldn't lip kiss her now at age 10, but I also wouldn't gag at the thought of it and think there was anything dirty about it.

But...but...those don't look like lip kisses. :001_huh:

My 60yo parents still give me lip kisses. Normal, parental lip kisses. I didn't realize some people thought that was gross. :confused:

I can't bring myself to click the link. Just reading the description makes me want to hurl.

This is not even close to what is on the video. These are teenagers and the kisses were *not* quick kisses. They were basically "making out" kisses.

I saw this on the Today Show this morning and was shocked. I can't imagine how/why those parents agreed to doing this, would do that in front of a gym full of people, and that they all thought it was so funny. I have two teenagers and I wouldn't dream of doing that....not even just a quick kiss on the lips. But, my youngest is 8 and she'll still give me a quick kiss on the lips. I don't think there's anything gross about that. But....what's on the video......totally gross. I can't imagine those teens being very happy about it once they took the blindfolds off and found out. Ewww is right. :ack2:

My 60yo parents still give me lip kisses. Normal, parental lip kisses. I didn't realize some people thought that was gross. :confused:

I can't bring myself to click the link. Just reading the description makes me want to hurl.

I still kiss my dad and mom on the lips, I don't think it's gross. I didn't click the link either.

I also grew up in a 'kissy' family. I am a 'kissy' mother myself. That's not what's going on in that video. What those parents did is disgusting. Ick.

I did too.... and I am also.

The title of the news article did not do the actions/video justice.

I can't wrap my mind around the adults involved (parents, educators, etc...)justifying the event on any level of normalcy :001_huh:...stomach wrenching really, and probably illegal in many states :tongue_smilie:

Sick!! Completely innapropriate!

I do wonder though just what was the schools idea verses parents or the kids taking it to far. I could see something like this where it is just intended to be a peck but it gets taken way overboard.

Kudos to the principal though for stepping up accepting responsibility for what happens at his school.

Sick!! Completely innapropriate!

I do wonder though just what was the schools idea verses parents or the kids taking it to far. I could see something like this where it is just intended to be a peck but it gets taken way overboard.

Kudos to the principal though for stepping up accepting responsibility for what happens at his school.

I can't see giving kudos to anyone who arranges this "prank" every so many years for teams captains.

I remember my school doing this when I was in high school ... so, about 20 years ago. All of the parents, except one, did a quick peck. I had completely forgotten about it until I saw this thread. It was weird.

But, it has happened before. Of course, that was before everyone had cell phones, so no one ever knew about it. I wonder how many other schools have done this before?