Menu

New Legos with the new year!

Yes. Its pink. But I'm excited. These sets are a lot closer to the "kitchen" and "BAthroom" sets that got me interested in Legos when I was a little girl than most of what is out there now.

http://www.geekologie.com/2011/12/lego-friends-lego-releases-toy-line-for.php

Since I'm afraid they won't be around when my little girl is old enough, I expect I'll pick up a few myself.

ETA: More sets and estimated prices: http://thebrickblogger.com/2011/10/2012-lego-friends-pictures/

Edited by vonfirmath

I just read about this! I'm pretty excited. DD likes her Legos, but she's super excited about the new girly ones...especially the Pet Patrol, which comes with a bunny. :)

I'm sure she'll keep playing with "regular" Legos, too, (and by regular, I mean Star Wars), but I think it's nice to have some other options, and with such pretty colors. OK, maybe I want a set, too!

:iagree:

The girls lego sets never seem to have much building to them -just a few quick things to snap together. My DD wants to build -not play with more Polly Pocket type dolls

As a girl, I wanted to do both. And most Lego sets these days seem to be quick things to snap together rather than the real building of the sets of the 70s and 80s I grew up with.

:iagree:

The girls lego sets never seem to have much building to them -just a few quick things to snap together. My DD wants to build -not play with more Polly Pocket type dolls

Hmm. When I look at the pictures of the kits here, it looks like the kits are similar to what's out there now: some small kits with very little building, and some bigger ones with lots more bricks.

I'm looking forward to getting some of these for my kids!

DD makes a lot of Lego creations to play with her Polly dolls and Littlest Pet Shop animals. And Ponyville ponies are almost exactly the right scale for mini-figs. I do wish I could just buy a bunch of pink and purple blocks, though. I've bid on several "Bus only" Knight Bus parts of sets, with no mini-figs or accessories, simply because it's a big pile of purple bricks!

The Lego Education Fantasy and Historical minifigs set has quite a few girl mini-figs, including a queen, princess, cowgirl, bride, mermaid, witch, and I think a couple more, and has been a GREAT purchase for DD.

Don't they have a girls tub in these colours? I was sure I had seen them. Or ar you saying you want more things in those colours rather then just the basic bricks?

The tub is pink, but a majority of the bricks are of other basic colors. It's a different assortment than the blue box or the general brick sets, but not mostly the "girl" colors. DD can easily build a house from basic bricks in almost any color but pink, magenta, or purple, which are her three favorite colors. And the "girl" colors don't seem to be in the lego stores or on pick a brick except in the occasional accessory.