Menu

Anyone else have leaf drama? True story...

Dh has been trying to get ds to rake the leaves, in the front yard, to the street. Well, dd raked up her own little pile of leaves next to the house. I guess she walked away from her pile at some point.

I am working on stuff when dd comes through the door looking as though she will burst into tears at any moment.

Me: "What's wrong?"

Dd: " H (ds's name) delomished my pile of leaves...and he did it on purpose!"

Me: :001_huh: "you mean demolished."(asked in a confused tone)

Dd: "yes, that's what I said! He delomished it ...ON PURPOSE! And he took them to the street."

Me: "dear, I really don't think he was trying to be mean to you. He is just doing what daddy asked him to do yesterday. There are plenty of leaves to go around. Make yourself a new little pile and when you're done with it you can rake it to the street yourself."

Dd: "ok" Goes to the door. stops. looks out. turns around. "but, mommy while I was talking to you, he took the good rake!"

Me: :001_huh: unaware that we had a good rake and a bad rake? "Dear, I'm sure the other rake will be fine for making a little pile."

Dd: goes outside and returns about 2 min later. This time in full blown tears!

Me: "Now what?!"

Dd: through sobs, "H took all the good leaves and He did it on purpose!" crying!!!

Me: :001_huh: speechless :001_huh:. again, unaware that we had good leaves and ...I guess, lesser quality leaves?

Thank goodness the phone rang and it was Grammy (my mom, lives next door). I told her what happened because she could hear dd crying over the phone. I had to try really hard to stifle my laugh. Grammy told me to send dd over and she would take care of it :lol:. That child has been so emotional lately. Dd was returned an hour later, tear free.

My husband thinks I make these things up :lol:.

We definitely have a good rake and a bad rake here. And I get the good leaves thing too! Our maple leaves are nice and big and crunchy and crisp. Pear leaves are thin and flimsy and not completely dried out. Grandmas are wonderful for solving these things though, aren't they?

We definitely have a good rake and a bad rake here. And I get the good leaves thing too! Our maple leaves are nice and big and crunchy and crisp. Pear leaves are thin and flimsy and not completely dried out. Grandmas are wonderful for solving these things though, aren't they?

Maybe I can see the leaf thing but our rakes are the same :lol:. They were even bought at the same time. Ds broke the one rake we had. Apparently he thought it would stop us from asking him to rake :glare:. So, it was replaced with two :D.

I feel your pain. DS#1 and DS#2 fought over picking up dog poo today. Seriously. As in who gets to use the "cool" pooper scooper. :001_huh:

I just breathe deeply, pour a glass of wine, and chant, "it is only a phase". Shall I pass you a glass? :001_smile:

The only leaf drama that happened in our family was over before I discovered it.

I hired a yard man to do fall clean-up. My boys were 5 years old, and were appalled that all those lovely leaves were going to be destroyed and hauled away, but they did not tell me. While the yard man was busy in the front yard, they piled the leaves from the back yard in our den.

Then they came to get me, very proud that they had saved our precious leaves. The pile was *huge*; it took up all the empty space on the floor. The boys were unhappy to discover that we were not going to keep the leaves, that the mean yard man was still going to take them away.

Funny how quickly they emptied the back yard of leaves, but today they are the slowest rakers on the planet.

Edited by RoughCollie