Menu

I woke up this morning and thought I had

XXX amount of money.

Nope, there is a note on the counter that the hot water heater is producing cold water and that the fuel oil tank is on E. Also by the way pellets were ordered for the pellet stove and will be delivered today. Give the guy a check.

Sigh.... off to take a cold shower.

And to top it all off the truck needs new brakes to pass inspection. That appointment is on Tuesday. There goes whatever dh had to buy me a Christmas present.

I know. Of all the things to feel sorry about. At least I have heat, hot water (now that the guy came and put oil in the tank) and a roof over head. And food. And internet so I can come here and complain about how awful my life is.

Just ignore me while I'm having a pity party.

Can I join your party?

I woke up this morning (well, a lot of mornings by now) and thought we had \ amount of money (that's 1/2 of an X). Dd's car has two completely bald tires in the front, and white wires are poking through (can you drive on tires like that? Apparently), and we will have tons of snow dumped on us any day. The tires of our vehicle (not dd's) are "weathered and getting dangerous" (quote from our auto mechanic) but we can't get all 4 new tires. Apparently I've been driving around for who knows how long with no brake lights. Just got that fixed on Wednesday for almost 70 bucks (had to sit at the shop waiting an hour, during which time the owner and an employee pretty much had a fist fight on the other side of the window and it was so lovely to keep hearing the f-word; talk about *awkward*). Tomorrow our son has his second behind-the-wheel drive and we have to pay them $40....not sure where that's gonna come from. The other day I started the shower for little dd and the handle busted right off. Thank goodness ds found a pliers to turn it off. Now there's a pliers with a some kind of clamp that turns it on and off. I couldn't figure it out this morning, so here I sit showerless (I think I'll wash my hair in the kitchen sink with the sprayer). I don't see that getting fixed anytime soon. We are on food assistance and are out of food money until our next deposit....in 21 days. Yeah....I could go on.

Party on! :party:

And to top it all off the truck needs new brakes to pass inspection. That appointment is on Tuesday. There goes whatever dh had to buy me a Christmas present.

I know. Of all the things to feel sorry about. At least I have heat, hot water (now that the guy came and put oil in the tank) and a roof over head. And food. And internet so I can come here and complain about how awful my life is.

Just ignore me while I'm having a pity party.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Can I join your party?

I woke up this morning (well, a lot of mornings by now) and thought we had \ amount of money (that's 1/2 of an X). Dd's car has two completely bald tires in the front, and white wires are poking through (can you drive on tires like that? Apparently), and we will have tons of snow dumped on us any day. The tires of our vehicle (not dd's) are "weathered and getting dangerous" (quote from our auto mechanic) but we can't get all 4 new tires. Apparently I've been driving around for who knows how long with no brake lights. Just got that fixed on Wednesday for almost 70 bucks (had to sit at the shop waiting an hour, during which time the owner and an employee pretty much had a fist fight on the other side of the window and it was so lovely to keep hearing the f-word; talk about *awkward*). Tomorrow our son has his second behind-the-wheel drive and we have to pay them $40....not sure where that's gonna come from. The other day I started the shower for little dd and the handle busted right off. Thank goodness ds found a pliers to turn it off. Now there's a pliers with a some kind of clamp that turns it on and off. I couldn't figure it out this morning, so here I sit showerless (I think I'll wash my hair in the kitchen sink with the sprayer). I don't see that getting fixed anytime soon. We are on food assistance and are out of food money until our next deposit....in 21 days. Yeah....I could go on.

Party on! :party:

:grouphug:

We did the pliers for handle in the shower last year.

What I want to know is why always in the winter? It would not be so bad to take a cold shower at the height of summer.

Our hot water heater broke last week and its gonna stay that way for a while. Luckily we have an electric shower so can have hot showers and boil the kettle to wash up so its not slowing us down too much. Its been one of those years, cars, appliances, and just about everything has been breaking recently, have given up letting it get me upset, it's just plain ridiculous.

We have pliers as the handle on our dryer. Our hot water heater needs a new element. Our tv just died. Oh, and we are still trying to find a decent commuter car for what we got back from the insurance company after dh's accident. Yeah, I'm not seeing a lot of Christmas presents this year.

Oh well. At least we're all healthy and have food and shelter.

Ds wants me to include his favorite smilie, despite the fact that it in no way relates to anything in this post. (Except maybe the car hunt.)

:auto:

@Parrothead - I think I am getting brakes for Christmas too and maybe a tune up too! I guess it just depends on how good I've been :lol: Oh well, safe driving and Merry Christmas :001_smile:

:grouphug:

@Truscifi - :auto: is my sons favorite too!

I'd be okay with getting brakes for Christmas if it were my car. No, it is dh's truck. :glare: :D:lol: