Menu

PSA: If Someone Switched the Lids...

...on the red and yellow food coloring, and you are trying to make red dough for candy cane twists, don't just keep squirting the yellow in just because the lid is red and thinking maybe you just need more.

After doing so, you will have neon yellow dough. Then when you discover the switch, don't dump in the red food coloring, because then you will have neon orange dough.

Furthermore, if you add blue, it will just become pumpkin orange, and you will be writhing in discomfort over how much nasty food coloring you have dumped in.

Finally, save the day by adding dark green. This will change it to a light camo green, which should be totally appropriate for tree-shaped cookies for Cub Scouts. :tongue_smilie:

Then chill the dough and ponder the consequences of children ingesting that much food coloring at once, and the possibility that, like everyone else seems to do, you should just have dh pick up a pack of Chips Ahoy on the way to the den meeting.

:lol:

Call it art...learning what you get when you mix certain colors. :)

:D I was on the phone with my mom at the time, and she interrupted her laughing long enough to shout "RED AND YELLOW MAKE ORANGE" as I was dumping the red it. And I said...I know! But I can't have neon yellow candy canes!! :lol: I was in quick-DO-something mode.;)

Now what to do with the knowledge that pumpkin orange and dark green make light camo...:001_huh:

Since I was going to make candy cane twists, I had half the dough left.

So I made snowmen.

Except I rolled them too thick and they were Michelin Men instead--totally unrecognizable as snowmen.

And then I thought, hey--if MSNative can bring bOOk cookies to a party, I can send Michelin Men to a den meeting. :tongue_smilie:

:lol: I don't think I'd better do anymore baking today!!

...on the red and yellow food coloring, and you are trying to make red dough for candy cane twists, don't just keep squirting the yellow in just because the lid is red and thinking maybe you just need more.

After doing so, you will have neon yellow dough. Then when you discover the switch, don't dump in the red food coloring, because then you will have neon orange dough.

Furthermore, if you add blue, it will just become pumpkin orange, and you will be writhing in discomfort over how much nasty food coloring you have dumped in.

Finally, save the day by adding dark green. This will change it to a light camo green, which should be totally appropriate for tree-shaped cookies for Cub Scouts. :tongue_smilie:

Then chill the dough and ponder the consequences of children ingesting that much food coloring at once, and the possibility that, like everyone else seems to do, you should just have dh pick up a pack of Chips Ahoy on the way to the den meeting.

:lol:

Since I was going to make candy cane twists, I had half the dough left.

So I made snowmen.

Except I rolled them too thick and they were Michelin Men instead--totally unrecognizable as snowmen.

And then I thought, hey--if MSNative can bring bOOk cookies to a party, I can send Michelin Men to a den meeting. :tongue_smilie:

:lol: I don't think I'd better do anymore baking today!!

:lol::lol::lol::grouphug: