Menu

Gentle Rant....but still a RANT......I know the economy stinks.........

but could designers PLEASE go back to putting TWO sleeves on dresses and sweaters! I mean, really, are they saving THAT MUCH on fabric by cutting the sleeve count to ONE??????

I am SO tired of finding something that I like only to look closer and see that it is a one-sleeved dress or sweater!

That is all.

In red: 'a what?' :confused:

:lol::lol::lol:

i would probably just throw a shawl over my shoulders -- LOL!

*snicker* Or wear a sweater...yeah, cause that's the schmexy look the designers had in mind...a cardigan!

You only wear the one sleeved tops with the skirts with a slanted hem - you know. . . the ones that look like the seamstress's hand slipped while cutting out the fabric.

Or...remember those skirts that were in strips, like the things that smack the water off your car in the car wash? Yeah, those were hawt!

You only wear the one sleeved tops with the skirts with a slanted hem - you know. . . the ones that look like the seamstress's hand slipped while cutting out the fabric.

*snicker* Or wear a sweater...yeah, cause that's the schmexy look the designers had in mind...a cardigan!

Or...remember those skirts that were in strips, like the things that smack the water off your car in the car wash? Yeah, those were hawt!

I am SO glad I am not the only one who finds some of the stuff I see ridiculous.

And, yes, today I did see something that was skirt on one side and shorty shorts on the other. :confused:

And, ME to DESIGNERS: I am not 6'6" tall and 76 lbs - like your models. Got that!?

Maybe they are making them one sleeved because they want you to buy two. You wear one backward underneath the other, that way they make more money because you have to buy two in order to get a whole dress or sweater.

I guess you could always buy one of each and wear the sweater over the dress, you just have to make sure they are each missing the opposite arm. :lol:

I agree with the not being 6'6" and 76 lbs, I'm barely 5'3" and a size 14-16 it would be nice to find pants that realized that because I'm fatter in the middle doesn't mean my legs suddenly grew an extra foot longer.

Maybe they are making them one sleeved because they want you to buy two. You wear one backward underneath the other, that way they make more money because you have to buy two in order to get a whole dress or sweater.

Freak that I am, I'm actually envisioning this positively .. you could have a collection and mix and match the colors .. with the right design it would be awesome .. hmm .. if I only knew how to work one of those sewing machine thingies I'd be off to experiment right now ..

I guess you could always buy one of each and wear the sweater over the dress, you just have to make sure they are each missing the opposite arm. :lol:

I agree with the not being 6'6" and 76 lbs, I'm barely 5'3" and a size 14-16 it would be nice to find pants that realized that because I'm fatter in the middle doesn't mean my legs suddenly grew an extra foot longer.

Well, you could buy two of those tops and wear one over the other so that both your arms are covered. :tongue_smilie: You know because of the layering trend, the fabric is probably paper thin anyway.

As far as wearing TWO of them, IF I wanted to look like the Michelin Man, I would just go to the tire store and purchase a dozen. I'm short -- I cannot wear ALL THAT.:lol:

Screen-shot-2010-12-06-at-3.18.32-PM.png

I have a cousin whom I am friends with on Facebook. She is 23 and just got her first real job after graduating from college. Over the past few years I've seen more one-sleeved tops on her and her BFF than I have seen on all the other people I've seen in passing over the years (apparently it was important to take lots of pictures each and every time they went out to clubs/bars). Anyhow, I've noticed that I haven't seen any bar pics since she started working.

I haven't seen the one armed trend in Australia yet but

You know because of the layering trend, the fabric is probably paper thin anyway

pet peeve of mine :glare: Sorry but I am not paying $40 for a shirt so thin I have to wear three of them to hide my underwear. I don't understand the point of see-through clothing -please explain.

Haven't you seen the puffy jackets? The MM look is in, Baby! Holy hawtness!

This is why I buy clothes for plus sized or "modest dressing" women-- lots of fabric and lots of sleeve length (on two sleeves)! :D

I have a cousin whom I am friends with on Facebook. She is 23 and just got her first real job after graduating from college. Over the past few years I've seen more one-sleeved tops on her and her BFF than I have seen on all the other people I've seen in passing over the years (apparently it was important to take lots of pictures each and every time they went out to clubs/bars). Anyhow, I've noticed that I haven't seen any bar pics since she started working.

pet peeve of mine :glare: Sorry but I am not paying $40 for a shirt so thin I have to wear three of them to hide my underwear. I don't understand the point of see-through clothing -please explain.

Or give me back my inch and half in the pocket of my jeans! My phone won't even stay in my pocket any more!

I've been looking for dresses with actual sleeves and most of what I'm finding are skinny straps. It's winter! I expect dresses with short sleeves, not the little part that barely hangs over the shoulder leaving your armpit showing. Ugh!

I have built-in PUFF! That's why I am on the elliptical 45 minutes a day AND then I do JM.

I was at nordstrom's rack a little while ago and I noticed that if clothing actually has TWO sleeves, it is usually SHEER! B/c THAT is such an attractive look for me, you know?!:glare:

I bought high waist band SPANX and a workout shirt (and the quintessential messenger bag for dd12 who has it on her Christmas list) and walked out. SHEER????? ONE ARM HANGING OUT????? I want to lose pounds and COVER everything in black so I appear sleek. WHAT is the matter with designers?

DD was looking for sweater dresses, similar to the ones she bought a year or two ago. We found a few, but either the size XL in misses was skin tight on her (an 11 yo!), or they were all short sleeves!! :001_huh:

What is the point of wearing a *short sleeved* heavy knit sweater :confused:.

Of course, there were plenty of long-sleeved cotton/spandex shirts in a variety of colors that could be worn underneath. I think it's a marketing ploy to force us to buy more clothing, since we have no choice but to layer in order not to freeze this winter. :glare:

DD was looking for sweater dresses, similar to the ones she bought a year or two ago. We found a few, but either the size XL in misses was skin tight on her (an 11 yo!), or they were all short sleeves!! :001_huh:

Of course, there were plenty of long-sleeved cotton/spandex shirts in a variety of colors that could be worn underneath. I think it's a marketing ploy to force us to buy more clothing, since we have no choice but to layer in order not to freeze this winter. :glare:

In red -- I agree. I bought dd12 a gorgeous red silk dress to wear to cotillion last weekend -- it was sleeveless so of course 'i had to buy a 'shrug' for her to wear with it. There were TWO shrugs at nordstroms' rack: one for $19.99 (gorgeous) and one for $179.99 (meh). I took the one for $19.99

You are right -- there are short sleeved shirts all over the place and then heavy shawl collar sweaters.....they want us to buy more.

but could designers PLEASE go back to putting TWO sleeves on dresses and sweaters! I mean, really, are they saving THAT MUCH on fabric by cutting the sleeve count to ONE??????

I am SO tired of finding something that I like only to look closer and see that it is a one-sleeved dress or sweater!

That is all.

My rant is 3/4 sleeves. I HATE those. Is that long sleeved? Short sleeved? What the heck?? I hate when I see something beautiful and then find the 3/4 sleeve thing.

For years I've been complaining about my sleeves being too long. I know I'm really short, truly I do. I'm well under 5 feet tall. I've noticed that and I don't expect regular clothes to fit me.

BUT. My arms ARE proportional to the rest of my body. Why is it that even in the petite section, all the long sleeves are what my mother and I call "monkey arms"? They are SO LONG and yep, they're so common we made up a name for them. They cover my entire hand and then some. I have to hem sleeves. :confused:

I guess after all my complaining, the manufacturers responded by just cutting them off. I mean, really. Sleeveless sweaters? The sleeves are the most important part because it's your arms that get cold! One-armed dresses? We are not all Scarlett Johansson trying to be cool and edgy on the red carpet.

.......... Sleeveless sweaters? The sleeves are the most important part because it's your arms that get cold! One-armed dresses? We are not all Scarlett Johansson trying to be cool and edgy on the red carpet.

:banghead:

If I scroll through pages of KIDS shirts that have one sleeve another time this holiday season, I am going to scream! KIDS!!!!!!! Bad enough that I hate it for me, but KIDS?

Yes!!!

Or give me back my inch and half in the pocket of my jeans! My phone won't even stay in my pocket any more!

Yes!!!

I've been ranting to dh about these exact two things this week. It's driving me batty. The pockets on my jeans are so small, that when I tried to put a panty liner in one, it fell out IN FRONT OF MY GUY FRIENDS. Talk about embarrassing!!!!!!! Nothing fits in those pockets.

Why is it that even in the petite section, all the long sleeves are what my mother and I call "monkey arms"? They are SO LONG and yep, they're so common we made up a name for them. They cover my entire hand and then some. I have to hem sleeves. :confused:

I have the opposite problem. I'm plus size, and tall. (you can only be tall if you are a size negatve super model ya know) Sleeves have never been long enough, and neither are shirts themselves. I was shopping at Kohl's one day, and saw a cute shirt that actually looked long enough! I was so excited. Then I realized the tag said petite. :confused:

This too!!!