Menu

does this seem like an unusual thing for a 19-year-old young lady to want for Xmas?

A new purse, jewelry (hmm just read where she doesn't use jewelry), clothes, something for her dorm room like a dock (or port or whatever it's called) for her phone, boots, XM radio, something to pursue a new hobby like knitting??? I think a kindle is a great gift - but, you are right - it isn't if she doesn't read much.

I'm kind of a girlie girl, and my niece has never been. I am NOT saying that is bad. I am just saying it makes it hard for me to buy for her, b/c we don't like the same things.

Oooh.. I didn't think about a new purse! I can add a matching wallet too! She is very into baking right now but she's bought all kinds of stuff! She has a cupcake book and is decorating very cute cupcakes. (I won't even mention the fact that i'm on Weight Watchers! Oh well, I just did!) I got her some fun icing sprays and sprinkles for her stocking. She has pans, a cake pop maker, paper cupcake liners, and cake decorating icing bags and tips. And she wonders why she is out of money. :D

Why not just get her the shoes that she wants? Then you know she'll be elated. They've got to be 1/3 to 1/4 the price of the DS anyway.

Oh, I did already. Total cost was $79. I was thinking about the ds but only because I know I can get a great deal at Game Stop and this thread made me consider it. But now I'm thinking about a purse and wallet. If I add that to the shirts and PJ pants and shoes, that should be enough.

Sorry I hijacked the thread!

Oh, I did already. Total cost was $79. I was thinking about the ds but only because I know I can get a great deal at Game Stop and this thread made me consider it. But now I'm thinking about a purse and wallet. If I add that to the shirts and PJ pants and shoes, that should be enough.

Sorry I hijacked the thread!

I'm glad you hijacked the thread b/c it helped divert the fact that I am hopelessly out of touch with reality! :D