Menu

Gifts for Music Teachers?

DD10's piano teacher is getting a Starbucks gift card. I'm not sure what to get DD17's piano teacher. I am thinking the Starbucks card for him too.

Both teachers are quite young (mid 20's at most). DD10's teacher is a rarely without her Starbuck's latte, but I have never seen DD17's teacher holding anything except a guitar :D.

Starbucks gift card with a Godiva chocolate bar.

My standard teacher gift. :D

We typically go with the coffee gift card too. Our music school is within a block of 2 coffee shops.

Our piano teacher requests no gifts and that if people want, they can make a donation to our music school's scholarship programs. Which I feel I make donations to the scholarship fund constantly since we pay full and extremely high tuition to be there! Anyway - not very fun, but we do it anyway. This teacher is also extremely grateful for handwritten cards expressing gratitude from his students. I think my son got him a little choked up last year!

One teacher likes a Panera gift card, another a Starbucks gift card, and the other a Christian book store gift card.

Some years we make them gifts. A few years ago dd cross-stitched book marks with flowers and musical notes(those are quick to make.) Last year dd tatted some lovely ribbon book marks.

Whatever it is, we usually include a box of homemade cookies or candies, too.

:bigear:

These are great ideas. I think I'll steal the Amazon gift card idea. Then I can email it to her since we don't go back to lessons until January. I picked the girls up from lessons yesterday and Janet said, "See you in January. Merry Christmas!" I felt like a real schlump since I didn't have a gift for her. Oops.:tongue_smilie:

We are giving my dd's piano teacher a Christmas ornament. We usually try to find one that is piano related. We have found some really cute ones over the years. Our piano teacher has multiple Christmas trees.

We are giving my younger dd's guitar teacher a Starbucks gift card since he always has a cup of coffee at my daughter's lessons.

We don't spend much but we try to be thoughtful.

Elise in NC

:bigear:

These are great ideas. I think I'll steal the Amazon gift card idea. Then I can email it to her since we don't go back to lessons until January. I picked the girls up from lessons yesterday and Janet said, "See you in January. Merry Christmas!" I felt like a real schlump since I didn't have a gift for her. Oops.:tongue_smilie:

Thankfully the DC put it in the van without me knowing! I also tried to pay her for the entire month, so my brain was fried. No lessons until 2012!

I usually give our boys' piano teacher money. I figure it will come in handy this time of year! He's also a big Dr. Who fan, so this year I found a Dr. Who coffee mug and a TARDIS keychain (with a hidden money spot) to include. Oh, and a box of chocolate covered cherries because he had some one time and shared them with my boys and they will never forget that day!!

Jodie