Menu

Teacher's Lodge ~ 12/13/11

Good morning, Lodge members! I hope you are all feeling fine today!

What is your favorite Christmas song?

If you use a crockpot regularly, what is your favorite thing to make in it? (And can you share the recipe?)

What are you doing today?

I've run out of innovative questions to ask, so feel free to ask your own!!

:bigear:

If you use a crockpot regularly, what is your favorite thing to make in it? (And can you share the recipe?)

I've run out of innovative questions to ask, so feel free to ask your own!!

:bigear:

1. I like "The First Nowell" and "It Came Upon the Midnight Clear."

2. Hot spiced cider. A gallon of cider, a couple of cinnamon sticks, a little powdered ginger, and a couple of whole clementines.

3. I am at work all day today, and I'll spend it dashing back and forth between my office and a satellite building ten blocks away. I'm helping plan two different conferences at the VA: one about mental health issues for Veterans with HIV and one about women Veterans' mental health. Those are the main things on my plate for the workday.

What is your favorite Christmas song? Oh, that's a hard one. I'd have to say Pat-a-pan, I think. It just trips along.

If you use a crockpot regularly, what is your favorite thing to make in it? (And can you share the recipe?) I don't have a working crockpot here so I use my dutch oven as a slow cooker. Pulled pork always comes out just right in it.

What are you doing today? Not a whole lot. Taking care of a cranky baby, working on my Shakespeare lesson plan, and doing all the laundry that should have been done this weekend but we were too busy for. Oops. :tongue_smilie:

One of my favorites is "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" simply because it reminds me of my great-grandma. One year, when I was about 7, she sent me a Christmas card with a cute little mouse on it. On the inside it said, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas!" So, I think of that everytime I hear that song. Funny little memory!

I make chili in the crockpot regularly. The funny thing is that up until recently, I never ate my own chili! I don't care for beans, so I wouldn't eat it. But I've been told it's a good chili! Recently, I've "forced" myself to try to get over the bean issue! LOL! In fact, chili with rice and cornbread is what we're having for dinner tonight.

I'm still getting caught up from a busy weekend. I've done one load of laundry and have 2 more to go. I've already done math & handwriting with the middle kids. The oldest is working on Spanish and personal finance. She's already finished her English assignments. I need to go to the grocery store today and really need to run to the sports store to pick up one more gift. I have to work tonight, so it's going to be a long day!

Good morning to you, too! I'm feeling fine, but DS is complaining of ear pain. *sigh*

What is your favorite Christmas song? My favorite religious song is "What Child Is This?" and my favorite secular song is

Deck the Halls." :)

If you use a crockpot regularly, what is your favorite thing to make in it? (And can you share the recipe?) I use ours weekly. My family adores the Hungarian goulash that I make in it. I use this recipe, and all I have to do is cook the egg noodles before we eat. I usually serve it with peas or sauerkraut.

What are you doing today? That's all up in the air because I'm not sure I want to take DS to swim if his ears are hurting him. I could totally see a double ear infection getting really bad if I let him get in the water for 1.5 hours and then bring him back out into the dank weather. We still have DD's violin lesson, though, and I want to drop a Christmas ornament by a friend's house. I've already taken the recycling to the facility and gotten DS his weekly allergy shot, so we're doing well today!

Good morning! and Happy Tuesday!

I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas it just makes me smile every time I hear it.

If you use a crockpot regularly, what is your favorite thing to make in it? (And can you share the recipe?) Nope, I don't even have a crockpot anymore. I ditched mine back when we were discussing the lead in the crockpots and never replaced it. I use a cast iron dutch oven - I make a weekly pot roast (no recipe) and a weekly soup (no recipe) in it.

I am working today. It is also my older dd's birthday. We're going out to her favorite restaurant for dinner. I'm not actually doing much else.

Morning! :)

What is your favorite Christmas song? Varies by day, or more frequently, I think LOL Several from my Mercy Me cd are coming to mind right now though...It Came Upon a Midnight Clear just jumped in.

If you use a crockpot regularly, what is your favorite thing to make in it? (And can you share the recipe?) I mostly use mine for chili this season. http://myrecipebox.wordpress.com/2006/12/05/chilly-days-chili/ (nothin' special, just chili)Otherwise, I just do a lot of warming for weekly church fellowship meals. :)

What are you doing today? Trying to find motivation to do anything. I'm ready for Christmas break. :p It's cold. My husband is out of town. Blah. Entertain me :)

Favorite Christmas song?

Once Upon a Christmas by Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reidotmqZD8/

Crockpot recipe? I recently made pulled pork in the crockpot with a recipe similar to that found on Pioneer woman. I seasoned the pork as I seared it in the skillet on the stove (used a store bought rub spice mixture) and then placed in the crockpot with three cans of Dr. Pepper. Cooked all day and boy was it yummy.

Today? Doing some laundry and gift wrapping but mostly fighting off evil PMS.

Hello, Everyone.

What is your favorite Christmas song? God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

If you use a crockpot regularly, what is your favorite thing to make in it? (And can you share the recipe?) I don't use it very regularly.

What are you doing today? I traveled 6 hours already today to get home and it isn't even noon yet, here.

My favorite Christmas song is the St. Stephen's Day Murders by Elvis Costello. You can see him perform it live

(it starts about :50 in) or read the lyrics here. I'm not so much a carol person LOL.

Crockpot: I pretty much just use it for beans. I make big batches to freeze. No help, sorry!

Today we're working on our Christmas gifts. I'm supervising, kids are working hard. Or hardly working. TV is on, we're just hanging out :)