Menu

GREAT gift for grandparents. . . doesn't cost a dime

Well, that's not true. It costs a stamp a week.

I'm having my kids make a certificate that says essentially: I'll write a letter a week and mail it.

It sounds like a lot, but I'm going to work it into my lesson plans with the boys. I'll also give my kids an outline: the best thing I did this week, a dream I had, my favorite dinner etc.

My parents will love it.

Alley

Brilliant!

Thanks! I needed to hear that because even as I was typing this post my dh -- who in fairness doesn't want to see me overwhelmed -- said, "that's way too much."

I think making it a goal and working it into the lesson plan will make it work. Plus it'll be a neat archive on my kids' year. I know my mom will save it and the boys can enjoy it years from now.

Thanks again for your support!

Alley

Well, that's not true. It costs a stamp a week.

I'm having my kids make a certificate that says essentially: I'll write a letter a week and mail it.

It sounds like a lot, but I'm going to work it into my lesson plans with the boys. I'll also give my kids an outline: the best thing I did this week, a dream I had, my favorite dinner etc.

My parents will love it.

Alley

I love this idea!

What a great idea!

If you wanted to wrap something up for gift giving, you could give a decorated, empty box for holding the letters...the certificate could be the first 'letter'. (this could just be the box from the kind of envelopes you're using)

When I send out monthly things I like to prep the envelopes ahead of time and also try to use a different style stamp each month. If you can get different styles of 'forever' stamps you could get the envelopes all prepped ahead of time.

That is a great idea! And so close to free. I did something similar for my parents last year. I got them 3 Lil Davinci Art Cabinets and sent them new drawings each week. I am considering doing the same thing for DH to keep in his office. Maybe for Father's Day...

I like the price of your gift much better though. I might do that for my parents for this year. Plus, working it into your LA schedule is genius.

Edited by Alte Veste Academy

What a great idea!

If you wanted to wrap something up for gift giving, you could give a decorated, empty box for holding the letters...the certificate could be the first 'letter'. (this could just be the box from the kind of envelopes you're using)

When I send out monthly things I like to prep the envelopes ahead of time and also try to use a different style stamp each month. If you can get different styles of 'forever' stamps you could get the envelopes all prepped ahead of time.

I love the idea of making a box, but we live really far away and everything has to be mailed. Any ideas?

The da Vinci frames are wonderful. I'll get them.

Alley