Menu

Well, I lost my cool...

Why do I have to brush my teeth?

Why do I have to get up?

Why do I have to do math?

ugh. everyday. I have even answered these questions many times.

My favorite is "why do I have to go to bed?" and the answer is , "the day is done." I refrain from saying, "Because mommy is going loony tunes."

:tongue_smilie:

I'm having bit of a rough day.

A friend recently told me, that since we are all human, if we are 'good' 70% of the time we are doing great! This took a huge weight off guilty mind on those days when I lose it.

My latest trick is trying to 'do the duggar'. I am so amazed that M. Duggar does not lose her temper, but whispers when she wants to yell. I have been whispering at my dear children a lot lately!

I yelled (maybe even ranted a little) but I have since apologized. Why do they have to question EVERYTHING? If I ask you to clean up your room, just DO IT! I don't like when I lose my temper.

That's it...just feeling guilty...

Are. Are. you. in. my. head.

:tongue_smilie:

Seriously, we've all been there. I hate it when I lose it on the kids, too. But we're human. What *I* do is, go in and apologize for losing my temper (to set a good example), and then make a good plan about what needs to be finished.

Then go find some chocolate.

:D

heh. DS is currently finishing his work in his room for asking why once to often this morning - and greeting "why do you think?" with crying, whining and eventually a full blown tantrum on the floor because he cannot possible fathom any reason why I might want him to leave the door that we leave open on nice sunny days open on this, a nice sunny day. And it was unreasonable of me to ask him to answer his own question. Apparently.

The work? Please write Dear X, From DS in three Christmas cards that HE ASKED TO MAKE AND SEND. It's been two hours so far.

Thanks everyone, glad its not just me. This is the child who on one hand is the MOST helpful with some things--always wants to help cook, clean up after dinner, etc. but whenever it is time to clean up her room always has one excuse after another....

I have one of those...she's happy to do MY work, but resists her own. Maybe she and I need to trade to-do lists. ;)

I had a "moment" here today as well. :( I feel incredibly guilty, and have apologized since, but I HATE losing my cool. Hate. It! I feel so out of control when it happens. You are not alone!

I wish Christmas was over already. I'm pretty certain the hype is what causes my 'normal' boys to turn into demons from Halloween 'til Christmas.

I have been realizing that they might not realize why. So, I help them along to figure it out. Then I make them repeat back to me why. The older ones sometimes leave and finish everything they need to do without asking why for the rest of the day:tongue_smilie:

I think I did way too much for my boys when they were younger. I wish someone had told me I would be having so many. I just didn't think we would be here.

Look, my dd18 is here from college. She decided to take her medicines in the dark this morning and thought she dropped one. She didn't bother to look for it. Later, she only looked on her bed. In the meantime, a few hours later, she was sitting on my office floor ripping up gift wrap paper left overs into little tiny pieces and non stop talking. I asked her had she taken her ADHD medicine=she claimed she had, it was another pill she dropped. I go look in her room- on the floor by her bed is the big orange and blue capsule that is her ADHD medicine. She takes it more than four hours later but it takes at least one hour to start working. Her sister locks her door and doesn't come out because older dd is just so annoying. By noon, older dd comes in and apologizes. I didn't lose it this morning but only because I have more than 20 years of dealing with ADHD kids and annoying kids in general. :grouphug::grouphug:

I've a friend who theorized her son would ask "why?" because he was too lazy to think through the consequences. she always turned it around and ask him "why do you think?" to make him stop and think.

I like this! I find I resort to the old stand by: because I told you so that's why! (I always hated that answer and yet it flies out of my mouth time and time again)

I yelled (maybe even ranted a little) but I have since apologized. Why do they have to question EVERYTHING? If I ask you to clean up your room, just DO IT! I don't like when I lose my temper.

That's it...just feeling guilty...

Don't feel guilty...maybe they just found out where your limit is...and won't try to step over it again....maybe, they will forget by tomorrow, hopefully AFTER they clean their rooms.

Now, you didn't think you'd be a perfect mom, did you?

:grouphug:

Faithe