Menu

someone logical, help me figure this out

I swear my brain is swiss cheese during the holiday season! Anyway, I've posted about my horrendous customer service experience buying a baby carrier. I am doing what I can to get my money back, but she is saying exchanges only. I may be able to sell it for most of my money back. But, in the mean time, these are my options to get a new one:

1. Rent one or two from Paxbaby.com. They have one of the two I'm interested in. Pro is that I can rent the Oh Snap one and see if I like it. If so, I can buy it from them or on Amazon. Or, the woman I am dealing with for the one I'm returning can get me that one. It would take her until the new year to get it for me, but I could use the rental until them. If I don't like it I will at least know I don't like it, and can order the other one I want, the Babies Beyond Borders one.

2. Order the Oh Snap directly from Amazon now, and if I don't like it I can return it for free to them.

3. Get the Babies Beyond Borders one right away, and if i don't like it I can return it less a 10% stocking fee (which would be under 10.00). I'm thinking this is the most likely to fit me, but has long straps instead of buckles which is a bit of a pain. However, those long straps mean it is probably more comfortable, but can't know for sure.

4. Some other option I'm not thinking of?

I checked and no one at the local babywearing group has either carrier for me to try on.

I think renting may be a great option given your shorter stature and problems with the boba not fitting nicely. Then if you have to you can return the Boba the the lady and get an Oh Snap.

I have the opposite problem and while I like my Ergo I loved the Beco for my long torso and that of my boys.

edited to add that it can take quite a while to GET a rental one, from what the website says. Weeks. Ugh. I'm going to email and find out how fast I could get it. Otherwise I might just order from Amazon with free prime shipping, then return for free if it doesn't fit.

Given the problems you've had with her, and now she's saying no refunds? I would let you know you're very unsatisfied and won't be recommending anyone buy from her in the future. I wouldn't exchange anything through her. What if she gets it back and then stops responding again? What if you never get what you wanted to exchange it for?

I see it might be a long wait to rent one ... in that case, I'd sell it ASAP and use the money to buy from Amazon. If it doesn't fit, send it back. Repeat until you find one you like. They have many different kinds.

Oh, and if I do want to get a different carrier from the woman I'm trying to return the first one to, I will have to pay more, and she lives 45 minutes away.

Why would you have to pay more? Is the cost different between the two items? Ugh, the more I hear about dealing with that lady the more I think you should just sell the other and either rent or just get what you want somewhere else. I would really be tempted to play dumb and post on her facebook page "Could you please remind me about your return policy I am still dissatisfied with the product and need to work something out?" I would defiently tell people not to buy from her...ever.

I'd highly recommend getting a mei tai rather than a soft structured carrier, because they are much more adjustable. Even if the baby compartment is too long, you can "roll" some of it into the waist straps. For info about carriers, you could check out Thebabywearer forums.

I would buy a good carrier somewhere (with a refund policy!) and sell the one you didn't like on ebay. I would not want to be dealing with this woman again (I saw your other post).