Menu

For those of you that have used Nancy Larson Science

Lots of boys

I think I am going to take the plunge and despite the cost, purchase NL science. We have RSO life and although I am using it as a guide - it isn't getting done. Instead I am just reading a lot of science books to them this year. I really think my kids would like more science (at least more structured) but I do not work well with a program that requires lots of set up and lots of experiments (that usually don't work). I like the look of NL and will give it a try. So my question is - what level? We are doing a lot of reading on animals and plants this year so I think the level 1 may be a lot of review. My boys will be 8, 6 and 4 (4 year old will jsut be listening in)when I begin using the program. Could I start this at level 2?

Also - what is NL's recommendation for times per week that you should be doing science? I will likely only do science 2x/week for about 30 each - will that work?

Edited by agarnett

I think that I would start with Level 2 if I were you. I started with Level 3 for my 11 and 8 year old girls. It is working well. It isn't perfect, but it is the definitely the best fit for us. I've tried several science programs and this is the first one that is getting done. We are on track to finally finish a science program by the end of the school year! :hurray:

I think that I would start with Level 2 if I were you. I started with Level 3 for my 11 and 8 year old girls. It is working well. It isn't perfect, but it is the definitely the best fit for us. I've tried several science programs and this is the first one that is getting done. We are on track to finally finish a science program by the end of the school year! :hurray:

This is what is so appealing to me too ! How often do you do science each week?

I think you could do either level 1 or 2. I started level 1 last year with my 6,8 and 10 year old...yes some of it was pretty easy....but they still learned some great vocabulary and concepts. We were able to do level 1 in a little bit more than 1/2 year. But I really pushed too. But level 2 would be good too...the main reason I wanted to start at level one was becasue there were some topics we had not done before and I REALLY wanted to do the bones and the butterfly kits.