Menu

GPS? Good one for about $75 bucks? Help.

So ds wants a GPS for Xmas. I don't have a ton of $ to spend and might try Ebay--I say some Tomtom ones there for about $50, but I don't know what is good. He'll need it to "talk," and a bigger screen (I know some are 3.5 inches, and that seems small) would be good.

Not knowing anything about them--help?

Guest submarines

We had one Tomtom that we were happy with, but it died a year after the purchase. It was the most basic model. We got a somewhat fancier model of Tomtom, and this one is craaaaazy. Wants me to drive in circles. Tells me I reached my destination 400 meters early. Pretty much every route I used to take with my old GPS is different now--more awkward and longer. Fortunately I know this town well know.

When you buy a cheaper model, check if the mounting attachments are good. We couldn't mount our first GPS. This one is easily mountable.

Not sure I can recommend a Tomtom, but on the other hand, if you are not picky and have a limited budget, it would still do its job. It might annoy you while doing it, but eventually you will end up where you are supposed to. In most cases :lol:

Guest submarines
I have a TomTom and it's awful!!! My Dad hates his too. It takes forever to pick up a signal, drops the signal easily and leads us way out of the way sometimes. There have been several good deals around for Garmins. We'll only buy Garmin or Magellan from now on!

Well, at least we've never had any problems with the signal.

Guest submarines
We were on vacation and really didn't know where we were. It old us to take this side road, led us waaaay out of the way and then told us to turn around and go the way we came! It was very frustrating!

This has happened to us with the new version of Tomtom as well. So frustrating. At least we weren't on vacation.