Menu

Solve a disagreement between my sister and I... Kindle related

So I was talking to my sister on the phone today and need help clearing something up. She mentioned that she wanted a Nook for Christmas, mainly because Kindle only allows you to check out one item at a time from the library. I told her that wasn't true - if you have Amazon Prime/Library Lending, then you can only check out one at a time (true?) but that at my regular public library, I could check out more. My library states that you can check out 10 at a time (via the website), regardless of whether it's audio, Nook, or Kindle. Now, I don't have my Kindle (yet!) but can someone correct me if that's wrong?

ETA: I know you don't know *my* library, but has anyone experienced that you can only check out one Kindle book from the library at a time vs. more on the Nook?

As far as I know, you are right and your sister is misinformed -- unless things are handled differently at her local library.

Well, it was the B&N salesperson that supplies her and my mom with this information.

It was one of those awkward moments when we were "both right" and neither was going to back down. I finally said, "well I guess we'll find out if I get a Kindle for Christmas!" ;)