Menu

How to properly post a link to a book, article, etc.???

I'm technologically-challenged! I know how to find a copy, copy that link, and then paste the entire link as is to a particular post (i.e., recommending a certain book).

Only problem is, my links always look like this:

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/cms_content?page=737062&sp=1035

instead of the neat little links that some people manage to do, like this:

The Case for Faith by Lee Strobel----and then the person can "click" on the underlined title and be taken directly to that web page.

How do I do that? I want my "links" to be less clumsy and be able to give them a title and then "hide" all of the letters, numbers, and symbols within the link, kwim???

Any help appreciated!

First, you type the text that you want to actually show up when it posts. Then you highlight that text and click the earth with the chain icon (you might have to "Go Advanced" - I can't remember) and it will open a box where you put in the url of the website you want to link. Click ok and you should be good to go. :)

First, you type the text that you want to actually show up when it posts. Then you highlight that text and click the earth with the chain icon (you might have to "Go Advanced" - I can't remember) and it will open a box where you put in the url of the website you want to link. Click ok and you should be good to go. :)

Let's think of a good book: Pride and Prejudice

OK---does this look like a real link?

Yes! It worked! Hooray, Genie! Thank you so much!

• 2 months later...