Menu

13-year-old son related: What do I do now?

I'm guessing this post has been edited or something is missing. I have no clue what the son did. Am I alone here? What's up?

All I saw is 13 yo son related-which I found amusing, since, of course your son would be related!:001_huh:

But obviously, this is not a funny story, and the content has been removed?

Lakota

I'm guessing this post has been edited or something is missing. I have no clue what the son did. Am I alone here? What's up?

All I saw is 13 yo son related-which I found amusing, since, of course your son would be related!:001_huh:

But obviously, this is not a funny story, and the content has been removed?

Lakota

I'm guessing Jenny only wanted her original post to remain up for a short amount of time so she deleted it.

I, too, missed the OP, but it sounds like a bad situation.

Jenny, I hope things turn out OK. :grouphug::grouphug:

Jenny, I missed your initial post so I don't know what exactly went on.

I just wanted to let you know that we were having major violence issues 2 years ago with our 12 yo and I was very concerned that it was going to be a bad situation by the time he got to be a teen and bigger than me. DH did the whole "you will not lay hands on my wife" but it didn't really help.

We took him to a private psychologist and it turns out that consequences were exactly what he needed. In 4 weeks I had a different boy. It was actually amazing the effect of someone else telling him that the behaviour was not acceptable. I'm not suggesting that may be right for your son, but I really encourage you to take him to a psych, they can talk with you and him and help you both come up with a plan for dealing with the anger.

Massive hugs! I've been there.