Menu

Had a near panic attack over the AAS tiles....

BatmansWife

So, I was finishing putting the magnets on the AAS tiles and getting them organized according to the green chart that came with the tiles. I had everything layed out on the bed, putting the magnets on, and putting the magnet tiles on a cookie sheet. The last section I did were the green tiles with the label: The Sound of /sh/. The tiles are ci, si, ti, and sh. I get the first 3 done and wonder...where in the world is the sh?? I'm looking all over the bed, all over the floor, everwhere.

Dd had been goofing around on the bed a short while before, so I figured something must have happened to it. I kid you not that I looked everywhere in that room that I could think of. Under the blankets, in some boxes, in the clothes hamper....simply every possible place. It was just gone. Vanished. Poof. :001_huh:

I was upset because just last week I contacted AAS about getting a replacement letter "t". I didn't want to contact them again about another missing tile! What would they think.....that I can't keep track of my tiles!

So, after searching for a long time I decided to just give it up and realize it was just gone.gone.gone. My life story....everything new is lost, wrecked, squished, or incomplete. I went to make lunch. And, I was not happy. :cursing:

Soon little dd comes over to me with the cookie sheet and says, "You found it!" I said, "No I didn't". :glare: She said, "It's right here" and pointed to the blue sh under the section Consonant Teams. I was like, "What in the world??" :huh: I then decide to get the green sheet out...wondering if there were two sh's. I see a tiny asterisk next to the sh under the green section. It says you can use the same tile as the blue sh under the Consonant Teams section and just put it under either section. :banghead: Oh.my.word. I'm such an idiot! Apparently I wasn't paying much attention when I was assembling the blue team tiles.

My dd had an idea: the sh tile should be half blue and half green. I thought this was a great idea. :001_smile:

At least now I can :chillpill: because I didn't lose the tile afterall. :blush:

Well I'm glad you "found" it. LOL

You do know that you're not supposed to have them all out when teaching though right? You're only supposed to add them as the child learns them and keep the rest in a baggie. :leaving:

Thanks Kel. Yes...I do know that. I should have explained it better (but then my story would have been even longer). But, here goes....

I got AAS years ago and tried it with my son. It didn't work for him. So, I put it away. I just got it out recently for dd (who LOVES it). I assembled those tiles years ago.....which meant I didn't remember about the sh.

Anyway, I printed these spelling "mats" (to use with Education Cubes) and wanted to use phonogram tiles. She has printables of those too (you can see her yellow ones on a cookie sheet at that link)....but I figured I might as well get another set of AAS tiles, since I had to place an order anyway (and I didn't want to print them). So, this is my second set, which I have all of them on a cookie sheet. My first set is on the 2'X3' magnetic board (right now...only one set of alphabet letters, extra red e, and blank red tile. The rest are in their baggies waiting).

So, yeah...anyway, I'm such a dork!

Edited by ~AprilMay~

Thanks Kel. Yes...I do know that. I should have explained it better (but then my story would have been even longer). But, here goes....

I got AAS years ago and tried it with my son. It didn't work for him. So, I put it away. I just got it out recently for dd (who LOVES it). I assembled those tiles years ago.....which meant I didn't remember about the sh.

Anyway, I printed these spelling "mats" (to use with Education Cubes) and wanted to use phonogram tiles. She has printables of those too (you can see her yellow ones on a cookie sheet at that link)....but I figured I might as well get another set of AAS tiles, since I had to place an order anyway (and I didn't want to print them). So, this is my second set, which I have all of them on a cookie sheet. My first set is on the 2'X3' magnetic board (right now...only one set of alphabet letters, extra red e, and blank red tile. The rest are in their baggies waiting).

So, yeah...anyway, I'm such a dork!

ok, I get you. I just didn't want you to come back with another thread titled "Another AAS panic attack" in which you go on to describe finally noticing that you didn't need all those confusing tiles on the board.:lol: because nobody mentioned it to you. :D

ok, I get you. I just didn't want you to come back with another thread titled "Another AAS panic attack" in which you go on to describe finally noticing that you didn't need all those confusing tiles on the board.:lol: because nobody mentioned it to you. :D

I probably would have too.

:lol:

Glad you got my back Kel! :D

At least you didn't yell at dd for "losing it" or "taking it." That might have happened at our house. :blushing:

:leaving:

Yeah....I tried not to. I figured if she was responsible for it going missing it wasn't on purpose. I just kept thinking, "Oh man....not again!"

BTW, I love your name. I knew a woman named RuthAnn and her husband could not say anything (anyting) with th in it. It could be pretty comical to hear him talk. To him, his wife was RootAnn. :D