Menu

Eyebrow maintenance for...

I have met quite a few men who pluck or wax the unibrow.

A beautician can also help. One once told me that she was instructed in school not to ask men about such things, but to just do it. She was instructed to trim things like hair on the ear, unibrows and really crazy eyebrow hair. So, either send him in for a haircut and tell him to ask what they would do, or go in for your own haircut and ask.

Just FYI, an eyebrow wax at my walk-in nail salon (one of those in the strip mall staffed by Vietnamese ladies) is only $8 and takes about 5 minutes. I assume this is a typical price, as their other prices are in line with other walk-in salons. I've never seen men in for an eyebrow wax, but plenty of men do come in for manicures and pedicures, so I don't know why not.

I took my 14 yo daugher in to have my husband's, I mean her, brows waxed a couple of weeks ago. We were in and out in no time, and they gave her a very natural look, just less.

Terri

I am glad you asked this question. My 6'2" ds who just turned 15 has the unibrow going and I am wondering if I am going to have to sit on him to get him to let me tweeze it.

Ds got my side of the family's facial hair that will probably also require that he shave twice a day if he is going out in the evening. Right now he has a very nice looking young man's mustache that my husband is extremely envious of. (Ds can try and try, but the most he is able to grow is a scruffy Brad Pitt look of a beard and "stash).:D

teen boys.

What do your teen boys do if they want to avoid the unibrow/monobrow look?

:bigear:

I read this thread because I was interested. I can't relate because we are all blondes with light skin. I have hardly any hair and rarely shave even my legs. My husband couldn't even grow a full beard until about 40!

I do have dark haired friends so I was wondering, but it is not something I've ever had to think about. I was shocked when a hairstylist told me that almost every woman she sees is removing hair on her upper lip! Wow.

Anyway, I'd probably wax because it is cleaner if anyone had the monobrow thing going. Ouch.

• 4 weeks later...

My dd uses manicure scissors to get it really super short--you can't see it. I imagine with darker hair that might not work, but it's great for a blondie. My dh is starting to get that old man, bushy eyebrows thing. He just trims them up with the manicure scissors too, no biggie.

My husband has that little razor they show on tv. He bought it for like 9.99 at bed bath and beyond plus you can use that coupon for 20% off. It is a microtouch trimmer. He loves that. My son started using it. I did it the first few times to make sure he didnt shave off his eyebrows..but it is super easy and fast! Totally worth it! Im not sure what they intended it for...but it is perfect for men's eyebrows.

I agree to start with waxing. When I was working at the spa, I had several teen boys and even some come home from college on the weekends that would stop in just to get their eyebrows cleaned up. They would only come in every 3-4 weeks after the initial wax. Takes only 5 minutes.

Now, I can't get my ds18 to let me wax his, so I use a pair of facial shears and clean up his bushy eyebrows, but he doesn't have a unibrow going on.

I took our almost 14 year old to the spa and had them waxed. He now gets it done every 6 to 8 weeks. They look so much better and he feels better about himself. He keeps a very short, military haircut and this just makes his eyes standout better with those long eyelashes. :D