Menu

Will you help me pick a tablet?

I have decided to buy my soon to be 11 yo a tablet for Christmas but I don't know which one. I have read several different recommendations on here about certain one's but I am still confused. I am looking for one that she can read books on, play some games on, have some home school type apps on, check email and or listen to music or watch video's. I read that on the cruz tablets that you had to be connected to a wi-fi to read the books. Is this the case with all of the tablets.

I would like to stay under $150. Is that possible?

What would you recommend?

I keep coming back to the Velocity T301 Cruz Tablet but that is the one where I read that you have to have the wi-fi to read. Also, how much in general do ebooks and new apps cost? This is all new to me, I don't even have a cell phone.

Edited by fourcatmom

I have been looking at the archos tablets, the ones that have just been replaced by the g9 tablets could be another option for you. When I first started looking they were the current ones but since the new ones came out a few weeks ago they have dropped in price a lot and seemed to have been re named the internet tablet.

Thank you for the help. Maybe I need to go out today and start looking at them and see what's out there. Then they might make more sense to me.

The Kindle Fire does seem to have everything that I want for her but it's just a little high in price.

Edited by fourcatmom