Menu

How should we spend 3 days in Orlando?

My husband is going on "bidness" to Orlando mid-Jan.* We are turning it into a family gettaway.* We will be there 3-4 days.* Where should we go?* The obvious: DisneyWorld, Universal Studios, SeaWorld.* The tickets are not cheap and we want to make this fun and eventful for our two girls 6 and 8. The girls' hearts are set on Magic Kingdom. Can it be done in a day? We know we aren't going to visit the other Disney parks.

Any suggestions on where, what, how?* We want to play this opportunity well, but don't want to overspend, both financially and mentally.

TIA

Enjoy the day at Magic Kingdom! We live in Orlando and it can be done in a day. One way we try to help the line-waiting situation is to grab any fast passes for rides like Space Mountain (which can have up to a two-hour wait!) AND we try to go on popular rides earlier in the day. We can zip through Haunted Mansion or Thunder Mountain first thing in the morning, whereas you will have a 45-min. wait by mid-day.

Also, this isn't going to be helpful for the budget, but I've just GOT to recommend it. There is one show in Orlando that I think is absolutely worth every penny. It isn't cheap, but just so so so good. Cirque du Soliel's "La Nouba". It is in Downtown Disney and it's amazing. I would even recommend it over Magic Kingdom, but I don't know how your kiddos would react to that! :001_smile:

I would do Disney one day.

Then one day Disney Village, which is a fun Disney "mall" type thing...but all outdoors. It's like being at Disney without all of the rides. But it's just fun! And that can be the "rest day" not so hectic and enjoy the pool if possible at the hotel if indoors.

Then if budget is tight, personally I would do the Orlando Science Center. Fun, amazing and not too $$.

Two little girls plus Mickey and Minnie equals a magical time.

Take them to DisneyWorld and see it through their eyes. 6 & 8 are perfect ages to experience the Magic Kingdom. Don't analyze it to death or worry about every little thing. Take their hands and have a blast.

(I really do believe that there is magic there):001_smile:

My vote is for two days at the Magic Kingdom, one day at Sea World. Or just two days at MK. If your girls get into the autographs and character greeting, for which they are good ages, that will eat up a lot of your time. So though MK can be done in a day, I wouldn't recommend trying to stuff it into a single day.

If you are going mid-January, check out the dates for marathon weekend, which can be a pain if you are not running because (1) you will feel like a slug, (2) a lot of roads are closed, and (3) it can be hard to get around the parks because the routes go through all of them. Just plan extra time for getting to and from the parks.

If time is an issue, be sure you are there when the park opens.

Enjoy!

Terri

My husband is going on "bidness" to Orlando mid-Jan.* We are turning it into a family gettaway.* We will be there 3-4 days.* Where should we go?* The obvious: DisneyWorld, Universal Studios, SeaWorld.* The tickets are not cheap and we want to make this fun and eventful for our two girls 6 and 8. The girls' hearts are set on Magic Kingdom. Can it be done in a day? We know we aren't going to visit the other Disney parks.

Any suggestions on where, what, how?* We want to play this opportunity well, but don't want to overspend, both financially and mentally.

TIA

I would probably do all three days at Disney. Your girls are a great age for it! One day tickets are expensive but the price gets lower the more days you stay.

You could really settle in at a nearby hotel and not waste time driving to different parks.

Search here for Disney threads or go to wdwinfo forums.