Menu

Is there a way

to block a particular user?

I hate to seem ugly but one user is really rubbing me wrong. We haven't had a disagreement or anything. It's not like that.

Well, I just would like to block someone if it's possible. :001_unsure:

Boy, that seems mean. I'm not a mean person. And I'd have my heart broken if someone blocked me. But of course, if I irritate someone THAT much, maybe they should be able to. And I don't need to know anyway.

TIA :leaving:

I hate to seem ugly but one user is really rubbing me wrong. We haven't had a disagreement or anything. It's not like that.

Boy, that seems mean. I'm not a mean person. And I'd have my heart broken if someone blocked me. But of course, if I irritate someone THAT much, maybe they should be able to. And I don't need to know anyway.

You can create an "ignore" list if you go to your userCP. It is in the left column toward the bottom of the list.

Everyone, everywhere can't get along. You should come here to be encouraged in your homeschooling/ mothering. If someone stops that from happening, then I think you are being wise to ignore their posts.

It seems* if you go to your User Control Panel, you can scroll down and on the left there is a buddy list/ignore link. You should be able to put the screen name of the person you want to ignore there. HTHs. I have thought about doing this for a poster or two as well.

* I say seems, because I have never actually done this, so I am not 100% sure.

on your computer? Not that I want to do that. But I'm curious, and since you brought it up... :)

yup--

i put beansprouts on ignore just to see what would happen :)

you can see that they posted, but it tells you that you can't see it cuz they are on ignore.

curiosity would kill me, lol.

{{taking beansprouts off ignore now}}

on your computer? Not that I want to do that. But I'm curious, and since you brought it up... :)

Yes, that is what it means. I do think that if someone else quotes the blocked user the quote will show up though.

I've wanted to block a few users....but they went away on their own....;)

Thanks for the information. Now I have to decide whether or not to do it. I just feel so guilty.

I would not feel guilty...unless the poster is me :) I have never had a disagreement with anyone on this board before. However, there have been a couple of posters whose posts and tone aggravated me to the point where I did not enjoy reading threads they were involved in. I am not even saying it was/is their fault...just that I don't enjoy reading what they have to say. This forum is an outlet for me and if I don't enjoy it, then it is of no use to me. One poster, I just avoid any threads they may be a part of. The other poster fixed it themselves, before I had to.

I have never had a disagreement with anyone on this board before. However, there have been a couple of posters whose posts and tone aggravated me to the point where I did not enjoy reading threads they were involved in. I am not even saying it was/is their fault...just that I don't enjoy reading what they have to say.

No, I didn't have a disagreement with her. I doubt I'd ever put someone on ignore for THAT unless they were obnoxiously abusive in their choice of wording or something. But it sounds like ignore won't fix this issue. Maybe she'll leave on her own or she'll end up being a troll or something.

I will just have to force myself to deal. I'm sure there are a few people that don't necessarily care for me. Only one person has TOLD me such, but.....LOL

And btw, it's none of y'all. But I can't very well answer "no not you" to each post or pm so please don't make me. LOL

Now we'll all be thinking it's us! LOL

I think it is normal to have posters who rub us the wrong way. I am sure that there are a few people I irritate and there are a few that irritate me. Not much different than real life...

I am sure that there are even a few that just irritate everyone! LOL

Definitely! One poster bugged the STEW out of me on one topic, then I found myself agreeing with her on another one....usually when I'm feeling like this, I have to stay away from the boards.

There are some posters whom I disagree with on almost every issue. I *enjoy* reading them because they make me think and stretch my mind.

There are two posters, however, I have my own personal "issues" with. I've never had a public disagreement with either one; they just irritate me. LOL But I haven't put them on ignore; I simply choose whether or not to read them, depending on my mood and disposition at the moment. ;)

And I just want to add: I prefer to NOT use the rep system against either one of these posters. It would accomplish nothing. They've not done anything "wrong"; they just rub me the wrong way.

I love the ignore function. I found that there were a couple users whose statements or tone irritated me so much that I was getting drawn into conversations that were better off left alone. Even if I was only debating them in my own head, I think we're all better off for my not flaming the flames in those particular conversations.

Yes, if someone else quotes them the quotation shows up. And you can still see that they posted, just not the content, unless you click on show post.

To my knowledge, the ignored person isn't notified that they were added to an ignore list, but I could be wrong here.

I found that there were a couple users whose statements or tone irritated me so much

hee, at least I know it's not me :D

BTW, I would NEVER neg rep someone for ANYTHING EVER. It's not in my nature. I don't find a difference of opinion OR being rubbed the wrong way by someone reppable anyway though. The only time I would THINK about it would be if they were being abusive. Even still, I just wouldn't.