Menu

Iron suggestions?

My Rowenta Iron gave up today. It's my 3rd one in the last 10 years or so. I like them when they work, but they all start leaking eventually. This one started leaking and overnight it just stopped working altogether.

Not having an iron is not an option. (I know, double negative.)

So what do you have?

This last one I bought at Costco, so I will check with them to see if I can bring it back. DH says I have had it too long, but really, shouldn't they last longer than a year or two? I do use them a lot, (I am a seamstress, but I iron DH's wardrobe for work) but still..

This last one I bought at Costco, so I will check with them to see if I can bring it back. DH says I have had it too long, but really, shouldn't they last longer than a year or two? I do use them a lot, (I am a seamstress, but I iron DH's wardrobe for work) but still..

I've had three Rowentas. Each has lasted 5-7 years at least, and we do a lot of ironing, including dh's work wardrobe. Lately I can't even seem to get a washing machine to last that long, so I don't consider that too bad. (Mini rant: If the powers that be want us to stop filling up landfills, they should pressure the appliance companies to make appliances that last! Rant over. Thank you.) One Rowenta went to Brazil and back with us, and I think it fared better than we did.:) I don't think I could go with anything besides a Rowenta. I'm terribly attached to the steam pooooossssh that a Rowenta makes. I hope you have some luck with Costco.

Costco very nicely took back my Rowenta and gave me a full refund. That's why we shop there!

However, they did not have any great irons on the shelf. I walked out with a $15.00 Shark iron. It has lots of steam, but I have yet to really test it on a 100 % cotton shirt. It got me thru my sewing project last night. It is definately lighter weight and I don't like where the cord hits my hand when I was using it.

I figure it will work for now and give me time to research my next iron.

I have been so sold on Rowenta's, but as I look back, they have all leaked eventually. This is the first one that simply just gave up the fight tho.

I agree on the landfill! Give us an appliance that works and we will keep it!