Menu

What do you have above your kitchen cabinets,

besides dust - LOL?

Looking for some new ideas.

I read your title and immediate said "DUST!" But, since you want a response other than dust, I will have to say "nothing." I am horrible about dusting and just look at the decorative things as more work that won't get done.

besides dust - LOL?

Rats! I came into the thread to respond with dust!

I don't have anything (except dust, which I'll be soon cleaning) above my cabinets. I'm not tall, and above the cabinets is so high. Anything I put up there would need me to dust it regularly, and I just cannot reach it conveniently. So, I keep it empty.

Nothing right now, but I use strawberries as a motif a lot, and for quite a while I had a display of strawberry-decorated cookie tins up there. It was nice because it was so varied and yet coordinated. However, for some reason they all rusted inside, so I decided that since part of the reason to have them up there was to store them for use, that I had better not keep them there; so I cleaned them out thoroughly and put them elsewhere. I don't know what was so corrosive about that environment.

I don't have anything (except dust, which I'll be soon cleaning) above my cabinets. I'm not tall, and above the cabinets is so high. Anything I put up there would need me to dust it regularly, and I just cannot reach it conveniently. So, I keep it empty.

NO, NO, No no rats. :lol:

Flamingo glasses, the base is a flamingo. We had a bat rest in one of these. :D A pumpkin juice container from Harry Potter World, a hand painted tray from my grandmother, a turkish coffee pot, Miss Piggy mug, Alaska glass, 6 round polar bear coke bottles, puppets, Beatles lunch box and a couple of china goodies from Europe. We have a ledge above our cupboards that is designed for plates.

Oh goodness, I thought you were saying you have RATS who live up there!

Dawn

I used to have it decorated up there, but the cleaning wasn't worth it.

See, that's what I'm thinking.

I have 9ft. ceilings; my cabinets are really quite tall but they don't go all the way to the ceiling, but just have nice crown molding-sort-of-wood up there. Once in awhile I'll think how nice it might be to have enough room to put something up there, but then I think how it would bug me to want stuff to be all clean and shiney, and that it would be a pain to keep things that way,and I come to my senses. :D