Menu

This may be an oxymoron but-- is there such thing as...

.... a good but independent spelling program? Dd 4th is over all a very good speller, but she still needs work. We do Spelling Power but it has been so hard to get to lately.

I don't know if there is such thing as an independent spelling program but if there is what is it? I want it to be a good strong program though, kwim?

This would be used on those days when we don't get to Spelling Power. Spelling Power would still be our main program.

TIA

We used the FREE Zaner Bloser with my oldest' date=' he was a natural speller, but I felt he needed something to realize he needed to focus on proper spelling in his writing so I wanted a program. On Monday he would write the words, Wednesday he would do the worksheet, Friday I would quickly give him a test. You could easily add in like sentences on Tuesday and something else on Thursday if you needed extra practice. He worked "a grade ahead" if that helps you decide on it.

http://www.zaner-bloser.com/media/zb/zaner-bloser/spellingconnections/practice-pages.html[/quote']

This looks great! Thanks!