Menu

Best "maker" sites/projects, books....pretty please?

I am going to be offering a class on this sort of stuff and I need to get a boatload of ideas for it. The easier and cheaper the better, but really... I don't care... I need as much info as possible!

There will be 2 classes...ages 7-10 and 11-14. 2 hours long, 6 classes total.

I will do one class about making things with paper and flat things.

I would like to do a Rube Goldberg session, without the actual making of a contraption.

Anyhoo... THANKS IN ADVANCE!! I have 2 days to write my desription and come up with a cool title (HElp me with that too! LOL!!)

k

Instructables! If you click on Technology, you'll see the more techy type projects, but there are lots of fun projects and hacks in the other sections, too. There's even a whole section on paper projects.

It's free but you can also buy a membership (I forget what they call it) that lets you see all the instructions for each project on a single page. It was cheap (maybe $20?). I did it a couple of years ago when I was printing off lots of projects. Now that I think of it.... maybe I'll give DH a membership for Christmas.

Jackie

Instructables! If you click on Technology, you'll see the more techy type projects, but there are lots of fun projects and hacks in the other sections, too. There's even a whole section on paper projects.

It's free but you can also buy a membership (I forget what they call it) that lets you see all the instructions for each project on a single page. It was cheap (maybe $20?). I did it a couple of years ago when I was printing off lots of projects. Now that I think of it.... maybe I'll give DH a membership for Christmas.

Jackie

A month or so ago, on facebook, Instructables had a post saying that educators, including homeschoolers, were eligible for a free pro membership. I signed up but can't find the info. Might want to send them an email.