Menu

Calvert School free curriculum

jetted4

I found out about this through my local hs group...thought some of you might be interested:

If anyone has been looking at Calvert, they have a way to get the whole program free. Call them and ask to be part of their efficacy study. Half of the participants will get the entire Calvert curriculum free for a year. The other half use any other program (you have to buy it), and then Calvert tests your child and gives you $170 for taking the tests (plus the test results). They'll tell you whether you're in the study and if you're going to getting the program for free before you enroll. See link below:

http://www.calvertschool.org/study/

I clicked it because I thought I might forward it to someone I know (but she already uses Calvert, so she wouldn't be eligible... oops). But I couldn't help thinking it must be weird to apply. I mean, it would be decided by chance whether you're using Calvert or not... it would take an element of choice away from you about curriculum.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MMMgoode

It *is* decided by chance, BUT you have the option not to enroll, even after they give your child the placement tests. It's only after you receive the materials that you're locked in. But if your child needs more time or less time on a specific area, you can still skip ahead or slow down. It's just the materials you have to use and you can still supplement with extra material.

We're doing the study and I wrestled a bit with the lack of choice, but then I realized that we still have lots of choices. :)