Menu

Minnesota statues for dual enrollment? Is my highschool not telling me everything?

Guest smadison

Guest smadison

I currently go to a charter school in another district. The math program at my school is hard to complete and I would like to take geometry at my local highschool. Are there minnesota laws that allow or prohibit me from doing joint or dual enrollment? (please provide statue numbers if you can!)

Also, I wanted to transfer to a public school last year (i'm a senior now). They told me that my credits at the charter school wouldnt transfer and I would need to go back to 9th grade. Currently, I meet all the educational requirements for graduation in my state and I have all my standard credits (art, science, reading, etc) needed to graduate. Is it legal for the school to tell me I need to go back to 9th grade? Do the schools graduation requirements override the states? Why can my local highschool not provide me with a diploma even though I meet all the states requirements and more?