Menu

Mother's Helper

I have been very overwhelmed lately with the two new babies, plus homeschooling, plus my bickering kids, plus housework (not that any of you all know what I'm talking about:001_smile:) and a very kind and gracious lady at my church has offered to pay for a mother's helper to come in a couple days a week for a couple hours a day (when I'm doing school) to help me out. If any of you have mother's helpers, what exactly do you ask her to do and how much do you pay for one? I have some ideas, but this whole thing is very new to me and I want to make sure I do it right. Thanks!

I have been very overwhelmed lately with the two new babies, plus homeschooling, plus my bickering kids, plus housework (not that any of you all know what I'm talking about:001_smile:) and a very kind and gracious lady at my church has offered to pay for a mother's helper to come in a couple days a week for a couple hours a day (when I'm doing school) to help me out. If any of you have mother's helpers, what exactly do you ask her to do and how much do you pay for one? I have some ideas, but this whole thing is very new to me and I want to make sure I do it right. Thanks!

I thought this was going to be about valium. :lol:

I have never had a mother's helper, but if I did have one when my kids were younger? I would ask her to watch the younger kids while I focused on some intense schooling for the older kids. I think $5/hour is fair, since it's not even a full-fledged babysitting job.