Menu

BCS Title game will be LSU v. ALabama

Yawn. Why do we want to watch a defensive game that we've already watched once?

I agree, but I only posted because my conscience was pricking me. On a football thread a month or two ago, I said I disliked Bob Stoops because he said he hadn't learned anything from :001_wub:Snyder:001_wub:. Dh told me a few weeks later that Stoops had made several very nice remarks about Snyder recently. I am now, for the first time since Stoops started coaching at OU, rooting for OU in their bowl game. And I apologize for holding a grudge. Kind of.

I can just not let this go. As a Bama fan from the 70's, huge Bear fans, (dad knew him although I can't claim that privilege, did get a wedding present from him) we are going to kick @$$. We will, it has to happen.

Oh please, let it happen!!!!

Not. Gonna. Happen.:tongue_smilie:

I had a Christmas Party at my house last night for my Sunday School class and we had an ornament exchange. I got a snowman for Alabama. Made me feel welcomed in the new state I live in plus because my dd is just finishing up her first semester and her first grade in is a 103 in Political Science. SHe was unsure whether she would like her college. Well, she has learned quite a bit, getting fantastic grades, and will already be helping our country next semester with the research she is helping with- identification of terrorist bombers.Now for a good birthday present for me- A Crimson win.

As a Bama fan living in OK, I heard quite a bit yesterday, as you can imagine!

The BCS is definitely broken - it has been for quite a while (ever?). But, when #3 beats #10, why would it catapult them ahead of #2?

I get that some people don't want to see two SEC teams in the title game, but... sorry? Seriously - this is how it's set up. Without a playoff system, how could this have turned out differently?

I'm thankful UofA is playing because as much as I want the SEC to win another title, I'm not sure I could pull for Les Miles.

RTR!

So if LSU wins, again, will the Bama fans shut up?

And if Bama wins, heaven forbid, you have two teams that are 1-1 against each other. How, under these facts, could Bama rightfully be called the National Champion?

Stupid BCS.

Terri

Bama fans NEVER shut up. Seriously.

Yawn is right. For the 1st time in memorable history, I'm not making special plans to catch the title game. And, in this house, that is HUGE! We love football!! But that's not a rematch I want to see again.

How boring. :glare: Drat Oklahoma State losing to Iowa St. :glare:

:iagree: Oklahoma State got robbed. Do you hear anyone talking about that Oklahoma State's only loss happened right after a tragedy on their campus? Not really. The BCS didn't allow a Michigan vs Ohio State rematch in the title game a few years back. They shouldn't allow an Alabama vs. LSU rematch. I'm beginning to believe the conspiracy theorists :tongue_smilie: It's all about the SEC. Bleh! I agree with the PP that said the BCS is BS.

Disclaimer: I am neither an Alabama, LSU, or OSU fan. I don't have a favorite team. I just love college football and hate to see worthy teams get robbed which has happened more often than not recently.

:iagree: Oklahoma State got robbed. Do you hear anyone talking about that Oklahoma State's only loss happened right after a tragedy on their campus? Not really. The BCS didn't allow a Michigan vs Ohio State rematch in the title game a few years back. They shouldn't allow an Alabama vs. LSU rematch. I'm beginning to believe the conspiracy theorists :tongue_smilie: It's all about the SEC. Bleh! I agree with the PP that said the BCS is BS.

Disclaimer: I am neither an Alabama, LSU, or OSU fan. I don't have a favorite team. I just love college football and hate to see worthy teams get robbed which has happened more often than not recently.

:iagree:I completely agree, and I AM an LSU fan and lover of the SEC. However, I do think OSU totally got robbed. They have been just as dominant as LSU and Bama all season, except for that one ROAD game, after a short week, after the OSU community suffered a terrible tragedy. Bama lost at home after having 2 weeks to prepare. They don't deserve another shot. OSU won their conference. Bama didn't. Also, it is widely known in Louisiana that Nick Saban is the devil.;)

LSU is going to eat Bama alive. There will be no mercy in this game. In the last game, you could tell both teams weren't playing to win but playing to not lose.

GEAUX TIGERS!

Irks me to no end that the University of Arkansas doesn't get to go to a BCS bowl since only two teams can come from the SEC! Boo!!!!

:iagree: I thought we had a great season. We played better against Alabama better than any other team did all season (including LSU). And I firmly believe that the main reason we lost to LSU is because we'd had our own tragedy earlier that week by having one of our football players die. What I wouldn't give for just one year when my Hogs showed everyone that they can win the big games?!?!

As for the BCS, I don't think that LSU and Alabama should be in the final game. LSU, yes, because they beat 'Bama, but they should be facing OSU.

As for the SEC stuff, it is a fact that there are more players in the NFL from SEC teams than any other conference. Even NFL scouts have been quoted as saying that the SEC is basically the minor leagues for the NFL.

I get that the BCS wants to try and insure that the championship game is a good one (close), but at some point they also need to be fair. The BCS might be surprised to discover that some teams in other conferences can actually hold their own against a SEC team.

I don't know why they don't just do some kind of playoff with the top ten teams like we do with college basketball.

That's what my "heehee" was for :D

I know there are some others on this board ... Anyone?! :001_huh:

Stanford will probably get spanked, but it will be fun to watch anyway. :001_smile:

Right there with you Laura. It's been a great year, great couple of years here actually, for anyone who lived through the Buddy Teevens era. Stanford has been just squeaking by in the last few games, but maybe they'll have a few more healthy bodies come January.

Stanford will probably get spanked, but it will be fun to watch anyway. :001_smile:

I think it's a mistake for us to assume that. And I was glad to hear Gundy say that, after last night, they weren't going to talk about not getting picked to play LSU. They were going to focus on the game they ARE playing. But Gundy is da bomb!

We considered going. We've been to ....ah shoot, the other bowl in Scottsdale, when OU played in the Fiesta Bowl and it's a fun atmosphere. But the cost of plane tickets was just too prohibitive.

As a Bama fan living in OK, I heard quite a bit yesterday, as you can imagine!

The BCS is definitely broken - it has been for quite a while (ever?). But, when #3 beats #10, why would it catapult them ahead of #2?

I get that some people don't want to see two SEC teams in the title game, but... sorry? Seriously - this is how it's set up. Without a playoff system, how could this have turned out differently?

I'm thankful UofA is playing because as much as I want the SEC to win another title, I'm not sure I could pull for Les Miles.

RTR!

I hear you. I don't blame BAMA fans for being excited for their team. The system stinks.

My dh can root for Lester. I hold a grudge. I still remember the bowl game we played in when he announced, right after, that he was leaving OSU for LSU. Always felt like his attention was already off the team and looking forward.

I'll join you in cheering for Stanford! Hubby's family are all big-time LSU fans, so we'll be watching that one, too, but we're really looking forward to watching the Fiesta Bowl.

:iagree: I live in the middle of it.

I grew up there. Moved away after college. No obnoxious thing you've ever seen can compare to THAT. The idiot who poisoned the trees, for example--for every Bama fan who was truly horrified, there is another thinking, "Dang it, Earlene, why didn't I think of that?"

Terri