Menu

ebay question

Let's say you buy two of the same type items from the same seller on the same day.

Let's say each item has separate shipping charges.

Let's say the seller clearly states that he or she will combine shipping - just e-mail before sending payment for the new total.

And, let's say the buyer does NOT e-mail, and instead sends TWO SEPARATE payments, one for each item.

How would you mail the items? Two separate packages? One package?

And, would you do anything else (e.g., contact buyer for his/her preferences)?

TIA!

ETA: Let's also say the buyer has a different first name than the send-to person - but the same last name (which is a common name). Would you question whether to enclose the packing slips, since it might be a Christmas present, or just follow the rules and enclose the packing slips?

Edited by eaglei

Let's say you buy two of the same type items from the same seller on the same day.

Let's say each item has separate shipping charges.

Let's say the seller clearly states that he or she will combine shipping - just e-mail before sending payment for the new total.

And, let's say the buyer does NOT e-mail, and instead sends TWO SEPARATE payments, one for each item.

How would you mail the items? Two separate packages? One package?

And, would you do anything else (e.g., contact buyer for his/her preferences)?

TIA!

ETA: Let's also say the buyer has a different first name than the send-to person - but the same last name (which is a common name). Would you question whether to enclose the packing slips, since it might be a Christmas present, or just follow the rules and enclose the packing slips?

Since they did not e-mail you before sending payment per your request, I'd send the packages separately.

Is it entirely possible that the items ARE Christmas presents? That, for example, my dh knew I wanted one and found it on ebay? And I knew he wanted one and also found the same seller on ebay? The coincidence is that they did this on the same day . . .

I'd follow the rules. If they wanted something different, they should have requested it from the seller.