Menu

Printing for Christmas ornaments help

I am making Christmas ornaments for extended family.

I would really like to have a ribbon on it that says "Family Name, 2011) on them so they can be a keepsake from this year.

I could embroidery them but that would take a lot of effort. :tongue_smilie: I have to make about 20-23 of them by next Saturday.

Would you:

1. Just print on them with a sharpie or other ink

2. Don't print on the ribbon but attach a small card stock to the ribbon with the printing

3. Go the extra mile and embroider them

Thank you!,

Here are the ornaments I am making. They aren't hard, but they take about 2 hours per ornament with the machine and soaking them and then hand sewing them together:

http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/Products.aspx?Catalog=Emblibrary&ProductID=X2766

I have printed on grosgrain ribbon in my regular printer. I use cardstock and print the words first. Then use generous amount of removable adhesive (like a scrapbook tape runner) and scotch tape over the ends to hold the ribbon over the printing and put the cardstock with ribbon attached back through the printer. Be sure that the ribbon runs with the movement of the printer carriage. I also have a "straight feed printer" meaning the paper feeds from the back and stays relatively flat through the printer.

Disclaimer: I am saying *I* have done this and I am willing to take the risk of jamming or other wise messing with my printer. I am not saying it will work in all printers nor do I accept responsibility if it doesn't work for others. ;)

I saw that method when I googled. I am not sure my printer will allow me to do that.

Dawn

I have printed on grosgrain ribbon in my regular printer. I use cardstock and print the words first. Then use generous amount of removable adhesive (like a scrapbook tape runner) and scotch tape over the ends to hold the ribbon over the printing and put the cardstock with ribbon attached back through the printer. Be sure that the ribbon runs with the movement of the printer carriage. I also have a "straight feed printer" meaning the paper feeds from the back and stays relatively flat through the printer.

Disclaimer: I am saying *I* have done this and I am willing to take the risk of jamming or other wise messing with my printer. I am not saying it will work in all printers nor do I accept responsibility if it doesn't work for others. ;)