Menu

Out of touch... do I want a Nano?

Okay I feel like an out of touch homeschooling mother of 6 who lives under a rock!

I'm trying to figure out what I want... or do they even make what I want?

I need something that only plays music (no video, no games, no internet...), preferably no radio (is that possible?). It has to have some sort of a screen so I can select the music/ artist/ song that I want. I would like something that I can put in a docking station (is that what it's called??) or hook up to speakers so headphones aren't necessary.

Can anybody help me?

The new Nano fits this description. It comes with an FM tuner but you don't have to use that and you can even hide the icon if you wish. It has a touch screen face which makes it easy to navigate. It clips on to anything (I even have a wristband and wear it like a watch at times). 8g refurbished are on sale on sale now at the Apple website now for $109.

I think a nano would be just what you need. There is no radio unless the device had wifi, which would also have games and apps and such which you don't want. A nano is simply a mp3 player. I don't know much about non-apple mp3 players, but I think you could find something cheaper than a nano. Check out eBay, I just sold a 8gb nano for $50 a few weeks ago.

Just to clarify, the Nano does have an FM tuner. :001_smile: The headphone cord acts as the antenna. The new Nano has no wi-fi capability. It also cannot display movies and you cannot put games or apps on it. You can put some photos on it if you wish. It's primary function is to play music.

You can also put audiobooks and podcasts on it. You would do this by connecting it to the computer.

We love Apple, but if you are not brand loyal, then go to Target and look at the other MP3 players out there. I got one free once due to a mix up in my order from somewhere (the company made it right with this little device lol). Anyway, my point is that other brands are very cheap, and they do the same thing as the nano.