Menu

College mail started arriving today,

and the first was from Stanford! Ok, I know that doesn't mean he is guaranteed admission to Stanford or anything like that. It was just strange to open the mailbox and find a letter inviting him to the Stanford summer program in order to get to know the campus and see if Stanford would be a good fit. Stanford is definitely on his list, and always has been.

I am not ready for my oldest, a high school junior, to go off to college. It is hard enough to watch my students graduate and go to college. (But those emails from them as college students are amazing!)

So, anyone know anything about Stanford's summer program?

and the first was from Stanford! Ok, I know that doesn't mean he is guaranteed admission to Stanford or anything like that. It was just strange to open the mailbox and find a letter inviting him to the Stanford summer program in order to get to know the campus and see if Stanford would be a good fit. Stanford is definitely on his list, and always has been.

I am not ready for my oldest, a high school junior, to go off to college. It is hard enough to watch my students graduate and go to college. (But those emails from them as college students are amazing!)

So, anyone know anything about Stanford's summer program?

I had the same response when I saw that letter in the mailbox last week. Ds wants to apply. Not sure I want him gone for 8 weeks next summer. Not sure he would get in. It's fun to dream. :001_smile:

It's bittersweet, isn't it? Nice to see them growing up, but sad to see them go. Always makes me think of the song 'Sunrise, Sunset.'

Anyway, I would consider getting your first bit of college info from Stanford to be a good sign of things to come.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about college summer programs except that kids seem to like them. I would think living on the beautiful campus of Stanford would be a wonderful experience for a high schooler, especially if he is interested in applying. SU is one of my favorite campuses. So gorgeous. You might want to post this on the college board. I'll be all ears if you do.