Menu

Would you have a child at 62?

Hmm, I had read that he didn't touch her (first kiss) until she was of legal age, but she was madly in love with him long before that.

When things first came out, it was said she was 15 or 16, if memory serves. Something about them having an affair led to his wife divorcing him. Course it's been whitewashed since.

S*xual Exploitation applies to under 18.

Yikes! It makes me exhausted just thinking about it.

Me too! However, if I had $154 million in my checking account and I could afford someone to sweep in and do the grunt work... I might think about. I certainly think he must be an interesting dad!!!

And do you think he signs the theme song from the "Lion King" to his baby every night?

When things first came out, it was said she was 15 or 16, if memory serves. Something about them having an affair led to his wife divorcing him. Course it's been whitewashed since.

S*xual Exploitation applies to under 18.

I heard them both say she was 18 before they went beyond the professional relationship. I also did a tiny google online and they say the relationship started the year she turned 19.

Could be whitewashed, I don't know, I wasn't there. They have been married for a while now and she doesn't seem to feel imposed upon.

I would if I could! Heck, we only have two because that is as far as our budget will stretch. If I could afford more kids (and lots of HELP) I would do it in a heartbeat.

Elton tried to adopt an HIV positive child years ago and was told he couldn't due to his age and 'non-traditional' marriage status. So, he took matters into his own hands. Too bad for that child he was denied. I think he would have made a great father. I don't usually give a fig about what celebrities do, but I was actually sad for EJ and that child.

And I see men becoming fathers at that age quite often. Donald Trump's wife had a child when he was 60. His wife is younger than Elton's partner and no one says a thing. I have friends whose fathers remarried and had children in their late 60s.

depends on if I was an old 62 or a young 62. A person in my family is obese and at that age can barely walk. Their joints are shot from the weight. They can't walk the grocery store-if I were like that? No. If I could stay healthy and mobile? In a heartbeat.

But, if at any age it ever did happen, I would welcome it. :001_smile:

It's comparing apples to oranges.

Regular folks like us- if we had a child at 62yo, would have to do ALL the work of having children. The lack of sleep early on is physically exhausting even for adults in their 20's or 30's, much less for someone in their 60's. Same with hauling a very heavy older baby/young toddler around- it's physically demanding to carry, pick up, lift, etc. a 25lb. baby/toddler.

But Elton John is mega rich- he can afford all of the help he wants. Full time nanny to take over whenever he wants, a night time nurse, etc. He can afford a level of help that your average parent could never afford and I think that makes a difference when contemplating having an infant/toddler in your home in your 60's.

Right. This.

Myself? No, I wouldn't try to make that happen. I met some nurse in the hospital when I was in a couple of weeks ago that told me she didn't even go into menopause until age 58 though! Yikes. I thought I was close to done, but nope, still going strong. So it could happen.

I feel in decline at 45!

I am really wanting to live healthier. I know how so why don't I just do it? :confused:

Dawn

That's true. My husband's grandfather lived to be 98 and really didn't show any decline until his 90s. So at 62 he was pretty young.